my computer=poop

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
My comp took a number 2 tonight. it won't charge at all and the battery died. Something is wrong with my AC adapter or its ability to take a charge. Going to get new ac pack tomorrow but if that doesn't solve problem I may not be on for a week or two till I can buy a new machine. Peace.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Sorry if i was insensitive...... cpu problems really piss me off and drive me nuts .. i hope its nothing major and you get it sorted out soon. It couild also be the little thing it plugs into on the laptop.. i had a laptop that had that problem and i always had to manipulate the cord to get it to supply power.. eventually i had to take the laptop apart and hammer the lil connector thing into place.. that worked for about a day .. ..

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
Ok I got home and plugged in shits working fine. Problem solved.....for now.

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
YWell now my AC pack is working and it charged my battery all the way up but my shit won't run on battery power alone. I wish I had internet at my house and a job where I was home more and I would build a monster of a system. But oh well. My new computer Money just went to a thousand dollar root canal. fmlife.

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
What kind of laptop do you have?

asus g50v, there is some sort of of grounding problem or something. I have to let my battery die all the way down, and then remove the battery and plug the ac power in by spefically plugging the power into my comp BEFORE plugging into the wall, and then i can insert the battery and teh batttery will charge. If the following steps arent followed it ignores the ac power and it just drains the battery. I just initiated asus tech support to see if i can get some help. I may need a new battery and/or AC pack. and if thats the case I might just scrap this thing and buy a new machine! BOO!

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
McFoe that is an unusual problem, hopefully you will get it figured out bud :D Man that thing is a powerhouse!, I just googled it and it's very nice, if you do decide to scrap it and buy a new one, what are the chances of selling the old one? If it's just a battery or adapter problem then I could handle that and get one, and I am somewhat technical so I may also be able to figure out the problem. Let me know how it all turns out, and you could wipe the hard drive because I would anyways, to install Linux :p

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Ahh damn it foe! and i thought my xp from 2005 was shit :p!
Good thing you got it working again though

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
I talk out my ass I wouldn't sell it. But they are a damn good machine for the price. I got mine at best buy last summer for 999. A month later they were 899. You could probably pick a new one up on eBay for 6Ish.

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
Well it finally bit it. now its not recognizing AC power at all and the AC pack won't light up. I went to a local tech shop and tried a universal AC adapter. Pc turned on and then it fried the universal adaptor. Going tomorrow to get my harddrive data pulled and then I'm shipping it off to asus. That is if bestbuy can reprint my receipt otherwise ill have to pay for a new harddrive and a power pack.

Post Merge: [time]1264217479[/time]

Correction. Ill have to buy a new motherboard and powerpack.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Damn McFoe you ain't having luck with any of it huh, yea that definitely sounds like a short to me since the new adapter went out that quick, a replacement mobo would probably be the best thing along with the adapter, good luck man :D

Top Bottom