quickscoping

naZaRene

Private First Class
hi.
I'm trying to learn how to quickscope well, i was hoping someone could give me some tips on how to be good at it. Anything to help me get better at it would be appreciated, thanks

UnTamed

Second Lieutenant
when you quick scope do it fast, and dont be nervous that your gonna miss the target.If your way too off quickly ajust it

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
Don't quickscope targets that are far away.
I wouldn't really QS someone right next to you whos moving around shooting at you, just go for a lucky noscope, unless using a gheyacog.
Don't move when you are scoping in, and shooting.
I would say practice on some non hardcore sniper servers, becausue the crosshairs help, ALOT, but if you're just starting, normal gun games would kill you. Sniper only is best for beginers.
When you scope in, automatically shoot, and take scope out.
If you KNOW that you'll miss when automatically scoped in, just hardscope, who the fuck gives if you QS or not?
Or if you're good enough, try dragshotting!

If you miss once, and the emeney is oblivous and doesn't know hes being shot at, shoot again.
If he knows you tried to shoot him, and if shooting back at you, take cover, run away, or get your pistol out and shoot the fk out of him.
Unless you have confidence you can kill him, then resume QSing.

How to quickscope?
Go to a non-hardcore match. You see the crosshairs like +

Just put the enemy right in the center of your crosshairs
If you're close to them, their name should appear, and crosshairs should turn red.
Just scope in, make sure you can see the target, and shoot, release scope.

Simple as that.

Make sure you don't scope in too long, or else it'll be considered a "Hardscope", by some sniper maniacs.

Scoping for less then 2 seconds is quick enough for a quikscope IMO.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Just aim where you think the scope is going to end up and fire as soon as it comes up. It's pretty much guess work and you just get better at guessing.

Unless you're cheating and have a crosshair.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
quick scoping isnt sniping.. Its more random firing and pointing quickly and running around.. Snipers lay in wait and barely move until they acquire a target the BOOM it's head has a nice hole in it

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
In CoD4, there are no reasons to use that kind of tactic houston. The same or better results can easily be achieved with an assault rifle.

While it IS guesswork for a large part, it is not random firing. You get better and better at guessing until you are pretty accurate. There is a barrier at which point you can't possibly hit that one guy far away from you every time no matter how good you are. This would be at ranges even as short as from the lobby to the sniper house on broadcast. The sway on the scope prevents it. So, it IS guesswork.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I don't think sniping has a place in cod4 at all, in any mod, ever.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

It's still fun.

PwnSauce

Banned
is there a hack that puts a red dot where the sniper bullet would go that allows people to fire without really aiming?
would make it really easy to pull some of these whacky shots off.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yea im sure there is greg. I bet people also draw dots on their screens. I think some companies even make clear plastic crosshair monitor layovers for games like cod for HC mode (when there isn't supposed to be a crosshair) All 3 are cheating and pretty pathetic. IDK what you mean about "where the sniper bullet would go"; In cod, bullets pretty much go exactly where the crosshairs (ADS) say they will.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
Yes, they do Dude.
It actually used by some people to "practice" quickscoping, though its realy stupiid.

and houston, mind you, i only get about 20 quickscopes out of 50 kills.
Other ones are hardscopes, cuz i know i won't get someone qsing.
qsing is a method of sniping IMO

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
Of course it is a method of sniping.

Rafi, when compared to cent or TD, I am a terrible qser.

AVC

Banned
Clear plastic overlays with a crosshair on them? You serious?

Unless it was made of glass it would screw around with the tranparency. Unless it stuck on like an iPhone screen cover, but then it would really lend itself to being removed whenever you're not gaming.

I prefer drawing on my screen with a permanent marker and then sanding it off whenever I'm not gaming. Coz the paint thinner made mt screen melt

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
People go to any length to get advantages over their opponents. AS long as they can convince themselves it's not cheating, or that they don't care, they'll do it. Most of the time, it's as long as they figure no one will find out. Epicly lame.

Top Bottom