"Thanks" wh0ring

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Since some are abusing the system and handing out "Thanks" like no other to get "forum experience", I have set a daily limit to four (4) "thanks" any user can give. The days of unlimited are over folks. :sadcry:

Spend your "thanks" wisely ladies and gentlemen. :unsure:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
lol, WaLLy, your depriving all these whores of what they need to live!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I dunno but it seems like having forum stats and being 1st on 'em is some sort of accomplishment.

Don't get me wrong, I like stats and all - it's kinda neat to look at 'em but when they get abused like no other, then there's really no point of having such things.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
All it does is give people more "Forum Experience", which I frankly have no idea what the hell does. You get points for Thanking posts and you can level up quicker.

Summation: It's the newest way of being douchey on the forum.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
When you see everyone's posts being thanked all the time, it takes away from the meaning of the "thankyou" overall. People shouldn't be using features just for the sake of using features or for the sake of leveling up.

Think of it like:
If you're just getting paid to say thankyou, does your thankyou really mean that much?

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
I actually didn't think of the thanks as a thanks button, but mroe of a LIKE button like on FB
thast why i thanked a lot of posts.

SiloHunter

Condescending little prick
|K3| Moderator
I feel peer pressured to thank a bunch of things when I see that others have thanked it.
So I am glad WaLLy made the 4 a day limit. I don't like peer pressure...

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
exactly what cent0 said, i used it as a like button most of the time, not thanks.

PwnSauce

Banned
Since some are abusing the system and handing out "Thanks" like no other to get "forum experience", I have set a daily limit to four (4) "thanks" any user can give. The days of unlimited are over folks. :sadcry:

Spend your "thanks" wisely ladies and gentlemen. :unsure:

Wally you got 12 thanks for this post regarding thanks.

Yeaaaa!!!!

Top Bottom