New PC time! Suggestions needed

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Looks like a good plan AVC, USB 3.0 would be very nice "if" you transfer large files frequently (and I mean over 1GB files). Also the 6970 does kick ass and is better than mine, and I think it would be an excellent choice, just remember if it's the blower type fan set up on it like on the one below (that I bought), and with the fan only at 35% fan speed it's pretty loud. I was even surprised at the amount of noise it made, and as I said after I got my Twin Turbo Pro it made a dramatic difference on the sound, not only sound but temps too!! :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161349&cm_re=6870-_-14-161-349-_-Product

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Why are you getting all pissy and throwing out insults? All i did was offer my opinion. If you took the time to read what i said you would see that i stated AMD can offer SIMILAR performance, meaning almost as good. I never said AMD is hands down better, it's just less money and gives you very good performance.

I also stated that 8 gb of ram would most likely be overkill UNLESS he does intensive programs that would require it. I don't think he does. Just because you use 6gb at certain times doesnt mean someone else will. My machine almost never uses over three at any given time. The reason "older" ram is still priced the way it is, is because a lot of people still use and buy DDR2. There is still a viable market for it. To the millions of users who still buy it and use it, it's not "older". Even if he did utlilize six, whats the point of eight? None. I don't see how a user will all of sudden need more ram in the future if they continue to use their PC for the same purposes as they do currently.

Another word for people who are tight with money are people who are smart with money and have it. It's utterly pointless to buy something just because it's a "good deal" or "cheap" if you don't really need it or have a genuine use for the item. You know who the biggest coupon clippers in the world are? Millionaries because they know the value of money and use it wisely.

They may not buy the 99-cent paper towels, but millionaires know what it is to be frugal. About 84% say they spend with a middle-class mindset, according to the AmEx/Harrison survey. That means buying luxury items on sale, hunting for bargains – and even clipping coupons. In fact, affluent households, including those with income above $100,000, tend to be heavier coupon users than those with lower incomes, according to a 2009 study by Nielsen and market research firm Inmar. Why is this you ask? Because they know the value of money, and just because it's here one day, doesnt mean it will be here the next.

The spending the money because i have it attitude is moronic and most prevalent in the lower class.

No insults meant to anyone, just expressing my opinions.

Whatever Damage, old news about millionaires being tight with there money, that's why this world is so screwed up because that what the world is all about money. I hate people like that. All that money really going to waste just to say you have millions while others starve to death in other country's, or even there own. People like that make me sick. You only live once and you might as well buy what you like and do what you like to do.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Amusing how people always hate on the rich like they are somehow automatically responsible for helping out others who refuse to help themselves. Most people with money work their asses off to get it and are in no way obligated to help someone who doesn't.

If the world, past and present wasn't all about money and gain, we would never have propelled ourselves to this point.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
indeed.

To return the discussion on topic, everyone has their own personal choice/preferences and it's the OP's choice to choose the products people recommended.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I agree with Wally and Damage, so AVC have you picked out your "plan" yet and if so, what did you get?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Get a dell.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

And the people starving in other countries aren't just lazy, and there is definitely something to be said for the hand you're dealt in life. But yea, lot's of people work hard for their money and then donate lots of their money to charities. Lots of poor people are poor because they spend their money stupidly as well, and the money goes to stupid causes.

But seriiously, get a dell.

Im.... totally...... happy -_____- with the one i have *cough*

AVC

Banned
I would get a Dell, but they're not piss proof either

I think Damage is a millionaire.
Who is frugal with his money, lol.

I must agree with him on the AMD though. I have AMD now and it's not bad. If I can find the right mobo I might change my choice to AMD.
USB 3.0 is a must-have. I do a lot of digitizing at work to a portable drive and a lot of digital photography. I need speed!

I'm back at work tomorrow, more research is on the cards

Last edited:

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
yea AMD's are nice to I also suggested to get an AMD if you want to spend less money, like Wally said its a personal choice, the thing to is not many games or software take full advantage of a quad/six core cpu yet, this saying you prob wouldn't see a difference well at least in gaming at least with either cpu. Intel's do have some bigger cache size like mine has 12MB cache but unless you are doing video editing or something then you don't really need it. I guess it depends like damage said as well depends what you wanna do with the thing. Oh yea for the ram if your board is triple channel then you prob just wanna get 6GB since 3x2GB sticks work together to make better performance, that's kinda the reason I got the 8 GB(4X2GB) but mines dual channel so i needed 2 sets of sticks. Wish you the best of the luck in your search and buy.

Nabil

Staff Sergeant
Core i5 2500k w/o OC
Intel DH67BL or Asus P8H67-M or Gigabyte H67MA-UD2H motherboard
Corsair/Kingston 4GB DDR3-1333 x2
Gigabyte GTX560 Ti 1GB DDR5 OC
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB hard disk
Liteon DVD writer
Silverstone Strider Plus 600W power supply
Coolermaster Elite 370 casing
Edifier M1335 2.1 speakers
Logitech G1 mouse and keyboard combo
Windows 7 Home Premium Retail
Additional 12CM fan for front intake
Dell Ultrasharp U2311H 23" IPS monitor
Edifier M3300 2.1 speaker
Suprisingly, i52300k oc is faster than amd phenom 2 x6 1100T oc http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/288?vs=203

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Code has a great mobo with sata 3, USB 3 and AMD chip. Should talk to him. Intel does score higher in uhh i forget the test name, passmark mb? Not sure. I think really it all comes down to what you will be doing with your PC. If you're only going to be playing COD, you most likely can scale back on the Video card and invest more into a CPU for example.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
June 7th avc, bulldozer release. Also AMD is planning 7 series video card release (28nm gpus). Prices on i7 will go down if you don't want to go with amd's new high end chip, so either way its a win win.

AVC

Banned
Hmm, sounds like a plan. The mobos that have all the features I want are all brand new release so I need something else to come out to knock their price down too. If I wait a litlle bit maybe there will some deals going for DNF too.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Looks like I may go i7. I have been checking out mobos (all day,a long day at work).
I really want rear AND front USB 3.0, RAID support, SATA 3 and crossfire, all the AMD ASUS and Gigabyte mobos don't come up with the goods.
Might go the 6970 VC (sorry Blu, got 1 up on you) they are reasonably priced now that the 6990 is out.
8 gigs of RAM then Stevo?
Might try out W7 I guess. 64 bit? Why not...

1: - ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX dose 3 way sli, 3 way cfx and with an add on dose 4 way sli with usb3, sata 6gb/s and Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
2: - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX dose sli and cfx, usb3, sata 6gb/s and Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
and they also make another 2 with all that and they are cheap now

Top Bottom