I believe I was banned by mistake (Remy Martin).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zimmerman

I was playing earlier today which was Thursday April 8th in the free/for/all (Broadcast) room. I was in the middle of playing and all of a sudden I was kicked out. I would own up to cheating if I was, but there was no cheating being done by me. And if I did do something wrong I was not warned or given an ultimatum. I do apologize for whatever confusion has occurred although I don't know what happened. I want to continue playing on your server, it's my best past time while I'm at work and home with my wife. I would appreciate if this ban can be reversed. Thank you..... Zimmerman

PwnSauce

Banned
There doesn't appear to be a ban posting with your name in the ban thread.

One had better appear unless mods want to go through the process of changing server passes again or having their mod privs revoked for not posting bans.

At 946 pm last night convictef_felon report Remy Martin as SC.
Who banned him without posting it?

Last edited:

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
mod could have just not posted it yet, waiting until he had a list to post at one time.. noticed many mods do that.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I agree with PWN. If this isnt posted, the logs should be checked and some house cleaning done.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
It wasn't me, I haven't played the game in two or three days now, but yeah looks like some house cleaning needs to be done.

P.S. Was this a perm ban or just a temp ban? If just a temp ban it might be because you were spawn camping but I can't say for sure.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
This is lame. The dude is obviously remorseful. He should be unbanned if he was perm banned. If he spawncamps again, it's easy to just kick/ban again, as well.

Let me just remind everyone that I was demoted for not posting bans on time. Just a warning.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
I was speccing Remy due to convicted-felon's report at the time another mod announced the ban. The other mod only announced himself as a mod..

I believe the name he was using was cock_in_ass

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
It wasn't me, I have been on pretty much every night but the only one I banned recently is UPSID3DOWN for aimbotting.
Sorry that was a late post, but I just posted it. I guess it could have been a kick or temp ban though. So far we still don't
know though.

Z

zimmerman

Hows it going? Yes it appears to be a perm. ban. I have tried to get on last night after I was kicked and I tried again a few minutes ago. I was on yesterday Thursday, April 8th around the evening time
between 7-9ish. I play on this server under the name Remy Martin. Not "cock_in_ass" as 517Houston claims....... I play on the (BLUE) team, not the (PINK) team : )
Again I believe a perm ban was a mistake, maybe a temp ban for whatever it was, I'm sorry. I appreciate it......

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I'm pretty sure Houston wasn't saying you were using that name, I think he meant the mod that
was on at the time. Either way, if it was a temp ban you would have been able to get on an hour
after they did it.

Not sure who banned you but I'm pretty sure I've played against you also on there and never
suspected anything. The mod that did this does need to come forward about it and explain why
they banned you.

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
He frequently changes names, (remy, repeat offender, etc) he is listed in ban section under repeat offender 5 hours ago. Why do we always assume the worst (of mods) and get our panties wet? Especially when only one side of the story or part of the info is posted. He was warned several times over the past few days not to sc. He was kicked and TB'd. I got tired of repeating myself. I actually let this guy slide for like 2 games before pulling the ban hammer. CF was even joking how the guy kept changing names so much. Have I forgotten to post a ban or accidentally banned? YES. On occasion we do make mistakes and we do own up to them (I know I do).

Registered as Zimmerman
banned under repeat offender
never mentioned his frequent name changes
never mentioned his kicks or TB's
but yea, let's go after a mod.

1 hour after the original post and statements about revoking mod privs are already up. I think atleast 72hrs should pass before going apeshit. Not everyone will see the thread at the same time. In this case 11 hours and everyone wants heads to roll (for a spawn camper). If I was in Daytona I would not see this til Monday. So then what? Would my privs be revoked because a decision was made even though all the facts were not available? I find the appeal section useful since we do make mistakes but it should not turn into a witch hunt. As far as I can tell we don't have any zack308's here and should be a bit more considerate. After all, we all do this for free or even pay to do this.

Z

zimmerman

Brian79 your right, I must have read it to fast....517Houston was talking about the mod not my name I use. I goofed.....
I'm glad to have someone vouch for me and say never suspected anything. Thank God......

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
and for the record.. I specc'ed him for several minutes and he didnt appear to be doing anything wrong at that time... BUT I wasn't there the whole time either so I have no clue what happened before I got there

Last edited:
Z

zimmerman

So CODE, how do we fix this buddy? I was not warned before getting banned. I play under Remy Martin, I don't change names frequently. But all that you said does not mention anything about me doing the hacking or the aim bot crap, dummies do in here from what I see all the time. Your saying for spawn camping. Okay lets deal with this. I have spawn camped before like damn near everyone that has played this game and continues to play this game. I would be lying if I said I never have. So yes guilty of that in my past. I apologize for all the confusion. I do not repeatedly spawn camp. Since you are saying you banned me, I was not warned at all of what I was doing wrong. I run around shooting I don't sit still and shoot spawns like you see jerks do "ALL THE TIME". This is my first time dealing with a perm ban. So lets second chance it like adults which I am. So how bout this, put me on a tight watch and watch me play and if you see that I play so well that I don't need to spawn camp then problem solved. Put me in coach.

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
The server posts warnings as to what is not allowed during game play (sc, hacking, etc). I did warn about spawn camping and the response I got was "hahaha". You even had an exchage going on with Convicted Felon and even he warned you. Just because others SC does not mean you should. Eventually they get busted. If I am modding and there are over 20 players it's difficult to catch everyone that is SC. Many times you have to scroll through all the players to get to the sc and when you finally do he is dead and you have to start all over to catch him in the act. A SC does not get kicked because he is accused, the mod needs to see it. That's why sometimes it takes a while to kick/ban a sc.

2nd chance? However many chances Wally and the other mods want to give is fine by me. All I know is if I see you or anyone else sc/hacking/racist comments, I will ban you.

Group hug?

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

you can change names
We not aloud to change names no more?

PwnSauce

Banned
Nobody is beating up on mods. We're just encouraging them to show due diligence about posting bans, especially the newer mods.
As you know we recently went through a series of password changes because unknown mods failed to post bans and own up to it.

This particular ban seems like a done deal pending your decision.

Greg

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
oh sorry Code I read your post the wrong way lol thought you where saying you banned for name change haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom