I can't press the 'six' key on my keyboard!

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
I'm pretty sure this isn't a hardware problem since the 'six' on the numbers above the letters and the one in the keypad doesn't work. I've tried another keyboard but the 'six' key still doesn't work.

help?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Before buying a new keyboard, ask a friend to swap keyboards to verify if it's the keyboard or something else that's trippin'.

AVC

Banned
Reboot.

Don't forget to reboot at least 3 times.

How can you not have a spare KB lying around? The damn things only cost a few buck.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The only spare keyboard I have is a PS/2 keyboard LOL. Luckily, I have a bunch of friends and family that can help if I ever need one for whatever reason. :p

PS. My keyboard is an Apple keyboard :D

K

KaptKrunch100

You know Had the same problem with my "p" key and I just restored my PC to factory default and that fixed it. Hope this helps.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Make sure it's wired though. Wireless keyboards and mouse suck for gaming...

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Yeah, wireless does suck. I only use wireless when im sitting in my bed using the TV as a monitor.

And don't restore to factory settings. You'll lose everything.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
I'll never get another wireless keyboard.. Kept losing the signal for it and always had to reboot the keyboard.

Never had an issue with the wireless mouse. I keep a spare wired mouse in my bag though...

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
I use wireless keyboard and mouse never had any issues yet the less wires the better i find lol

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
You know Had the same problem with my "p" key and I just restored my PC to factory default and that fixed it. Hope this helps.

This isn't possible lol

Before buying a new keyboard, ask a friend to swap keyboards to verify if it's the keyboard or something else that's trippin'.

I'm pretty sure its not a hardware issue 'cause when I cant use either 'six' on my keyboard. (there are two ya know?) Right now im googling possible fixes. One thing I got is that my computer somehow binded the key to speech recognition or something, not sure what they were talking about but it was some weird windows problem.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I don't have issues with my wireless stuff either, i just don't want to have batteries dying on me all the time on my main setup.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I'm pretty sure its not a hardware issue 'cause when I cant use either 'six' on my keyboard. (there are two ya know?) Right now im googling possible fixes. One thing I got is that my computer somehow binded the key to speech recognition or something, not sure what they were talking about but it was some weird windows problem.

I know, but you gotta start with the simple stuff when it comes to troubleshooting. :)

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
piss on it. It works. Trust me,

Um I'll save that one for later :)

Quick question, 'six' is in my windows password and my antivirus software subscription expired, I tried to install AVG but I has to put in my password to install. Any other way to temporarily type 'six to put in my password? PS: I can't copy paste the password in ;(

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Search for it on Google, type "numbers" and voila, copy and paste you #6.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Um I'll save that one for later :)

Quick question, 'six' is in my windows password and my antivirus software subscription expired, I tried to install AVG but I has to put in my password to install. Any other way to temporarily type 'six to put in my password? PS: I can't copy paste the password in ;(

fix your keyboard....
go into keyboard settings and change everything to default or restore the settings in that thingy
get a new computer
stop worrying about viruses and killstreaks.

AVC

Banned
Just do this:

it-rage.jpg

Top Bottom