Fail

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
well had to spend most of today taking my engine apart as last night went out for a drive. while out after playing with a few friends round the back roads there was a nasty smell of burning oil and a real lack of power, i was think that it was gonna need a head gasket but on opening it up and looking at the gasket there was nothing wrong with it then i notice that piston 3 had melted. only things i could think of that would have made it dose this was lack of fuel or just because cyclinder is the one that is nearest the turbo

you can see that theres a nice bit of the piston missing and its not to round anymore
508333499_67936d83491.jpg

2morrow will be a day of trying to find out why its done it and cleaning the block and sump out

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
you weren't kidding when you said it was melted!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

no but i was fooking lucky that the bit that broke off it never jammed the engine up as that would have stopped the front wheels turning and it was have been a right mess. as it was i had a nasty job of having to stop and control it with no power.

having to use the hand brake to balance the rear end dose not feel good know that if you use to much there no way of getting it back because of no power.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Damn that sucks Pug, I sure wouldn't know either, I have never had or worked on anything that had a turbo on it. I do know that turbos can get extremely hot though, so it's a possibility that this is the cause, good luck figuring out the problem man! :D

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
well i had my ecu out the car tonight and plugged that in to the computer to see if that showed me anything but all the fault logs are clear and all the maps are good so im pretty worried now as i was thinking that if the turbo was sucking to much fuel out of cyclinder three then it would have cracked the exhaust manifold before it done the piston im sure.

so its looking to me like it has to fuel :(

R

ryan.neverstop

the only thing that will do that is the ring around it is the wrong size so it lets the compression get under the piston and most likely the lack of air to gas doesnt help at all.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
yer i found out that the injector had failed and was maxing out and not putting enough fuel in there making it run hot.

but engine is now all rebuilt with some improvements. ill add photos later if i remember

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
wow! that was quick, pug! Glad to hear you got it all up and running man. I'd actually like to see a video of it running sometime.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
yer man it had to be done lol and have posted some photos of the engine in the my car thread

Kaptein_Guus

Sergeant
thats what you get when you buy injectors off the internet i guess lol
I had a lack of oil. And right that moment there is no fuel statoin around.. so i thought like "when i drive low throttle.. i can make it home!!"
But unfortunately 3 miles from home it broke down..

AVC

Banned
Like the friend of mine that thought when his car was overheating he could make it back into town.
He didn't quite make it, the alloy cylinder head bent, when the engine cooked. We had to put in a new engine, as the head was rooted.

I forgot to put in a spigot bearing on my gearbox (toploader) one time. When the main input bearing came apart it got very noisy!

Trashed the box completely. FAIL!!

Top Bottom