Question for left handers

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
SOo, my girlfirend doesn't get why i like CoD so much.
she said its okay, but mann,
so i got her to try to play some s1 matches, heh, (shes horrible)
anyways, shes a lefty, and she said she cant "Do shit" with my right hand layouts
she wants to make a new profile on my game with lefty controls, cept she can't make any logical lefty controls
any help?
i know Damage is a lefty..

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
i play with my right hand on the mouse. I am left handed. I also play guitar right handed.

what kinda responses are you lookin fer?

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
she says she can't aim wih her left hand.
i know Damage puts the mouse on the left side of the comp and uses his left hand to aim.. something like that

PwnSauce

Banned
I'm left-handed and it's not a problem because I mouse with my right hand when I'm not gaming.
I've always moused with my right hand since I was a wee little pwnsauce. hah

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
she mouses with her left hand.
i meant right hand, she can't do shit with her riht hand

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
ok then let her mous with her right hand, use P L : " insrtead of WASD. < for crouch instead of ctrl, and > for prone. There you go. WOOT

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I used to use the number pad when i first started gaming and like enter , 0 etc for crouch , jump etc. Now i use WASD for movement, C for crouch, cntrl for prone, E for jump, Q for melee, left shift for sprint/steady sniper rifle and middle mouse to throw nade.

I have a fairly large keyboard tray so i just scoot the keyboard over to the right a bit and use the mouse on the left side. I have no problems at all.

AVC

Banned
I'm a lefty too.
I mouse left handed.
In game I use the arrow keys for movement. Left and right for strafe, and I turn with the mouse (and aim)
Enter = use
R Ctrl = crouch
\ = jump
R shift = sprint/steady sniper
Del = nade
End = prone
Pg Dwn = spec. nade
I reload using mouse

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
dayum thats weird avc. No wonder you dont move too much :p .

You don't have problems strafing and jumping at the same time?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Yea, I'm left handed and just tried AVC's config and it was strange. I would have a hard time playing like that. As i said, when i first started playing PC shooters some years back i would use controls somewhat like that. I was not very good and could never really get into playing online b/c i would always get my ass kicked. I tended to only play the single player.

AVC, try my config and see how you like it. Just scoot the keyboard over to the right of the KB tray and hold the mouse 6-8 inches to the left of the KB.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
wait how do you jump avc? the "/" key is like left of shift, or next to num lock.
you must either haev big hands, or you don't jump often.?

AVC

Banned
My KB has on the right hand side (left of arrow keys)

Enter, below that
Shift then \, below that
Ctrl (bottom corner)

and my DEL END PGDWN keys are directly above the up arrow (as in no gap)

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
tat explains it AVC.
my gf isnt' going to use that config for a while...

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

btw, is there a way to use the numpad?
she tried it, it wouldn't work

Top Bottom