Appealed Bans List

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Hey maybe we should have a list of bans that were appealed.

Included in each entry would be the original ban. The appeal would be listed by date and reason for ban appeal. It would be about as concise as the Staff Bans section. I wouldn't expect this section to get too big.

What do you guys think? Start it here?

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

I can even keep it organized if people send me the relevant information. No other work necessary by the staff. It would be nice to have a set of data to look at to judge how we are doing as staff, and so when someone says like "we appeal every ban" we can kinda look and tell.

Either this or we should keep the Appeal Bans Section thread titles limited to the people's player names appealing the ban.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Dude.. they dont want you or I doing anything to help out.. Isn't that obvious to you yet?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Not a bad idea at all. If you want to roll with it, my vote is go for it. Something like

Banned players name
Offense
Mod who banned
Reason for appeal
Outcome of appeal.

Once that is settled we could lock the thread of said person in the appeal ban's thread.

And Staff like all the help they can get. Where do you come up with this crap Houston.

The staff couldn't function nearly as well without the help of members and other players reporting hackers, spawncampers etc.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
I've offered several times to do things Dan and everytime I was ignored.. THAT's where I come up with this crap

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yea, i was thinking just posts the same thing from the staff bans section along with the appeal and reason for appeal.

AVC

Banned
I like the idea of having the title of the thread to at least contain the banned players name.
It'll be hard to find a particular one, once there's 50 posts all with titles like "OMFG I has been banned!"

EDIT: I just realised that each thread has "started by" anyway, so it's moot.

Last edited:

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
What do you guys think?
i think you're trying to be a mod again.
:p

jkjk, i think this is a good idea

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
i think posting bans was my least favorite part of being a mod, and any way to make that easier would have been freaking amazing, not that this is related to that.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
POstin bans may have been your least favorite, but they are important as hell

PwnSauce

Banned
bob, what makes you think that?
we've changed server passes so if the last ones got out, they no longer work.
moderators won't give them out and are advised to post bans risking demotion of they do not.

I think the problem has been addressed appropriately.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Greg it comes down to the same as always.. Some get treated differently than others..

I was accused of blind banning after a so-called investigation. I asked for proof (still waiting to see that).

Now you're telling me someone let the password out and didn't report it.

So what I'm hearing is that a mod accidently gave out the password, causing the server to be unsecure for several days now, and that mystery mod never reported his error?

So is someone blind banning or do they flat out not give a poop regarding security of our servers? Can blind banning be proven? Are you people just guessing as to what really happened? Someone is not being truthful here....

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yea... still waiting on a ban or two to be posted in the staff bans section. Not counting on it happening. Issues have been resolved, but not without trouble due to the complete lack of anyone taking responsibility for the bans.

It's impossible to treat everyone completely the same, or it's impossible to expect that to happen. Everyone should be trying, though. I thought you quit houston.... not got demoted. Are we supposed to say we resigned when we get demoted? I'm being serious.

And changing the server passwords just means they still have no account whatsoever for the ban, therefore they are just taking precautions IF the passwords happened to get out. Doesn't mean we have mods handing out passwords.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
i think posting bans was my least favorite part of being a mod, and any way to make that easier would have been freaking amazing, not that this is related to that.

Posting bans was a blast man what you talking about lol

PwnSauce

Banned
No bob, I said "If someone let the password slip".
Nobody said it was slipped, just that it was a possibility among a few possibilities.

We've addressed the password change issue with the mods and reissued new passwords while we reviewed moderator rules and stressed responsibility in reporting bans.
I trust the moderators to do their duties and use their best judgment and we're not pursuing the issue.

I propose we put this issue to rest and move forward rather than find new reasons to fight because it doesn't do anything for unity in the group.

Thanks
Pwn

Greg it comes down to the same as always.. Some get treated differently than others..

I was accused of blind banning after a so-called investigation. I asked for proof (still waiting to see that).

Now you're telling me someone let the password out and didn't report it.

So what I'm hearing is that a mod accidently gave out the password, causing the server to be unsecure for several days now, and that mystery mod never reported his error?

So is someone blind banning or do they flat out not give a poop regarding security of our servers? Can blind banning be proven? Are you people just guessing as to what really happened? Someone is not being truthful here....

Last edited:
Top Bottom