GrEy_FoX Is Retiring

Grey_Fox

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Let me preface this by saying this thread was really REALLY hard for me to post. However, it IS true. I am retiring from not only the Krew, but from COD and all video games in general.

Lately, I had been thinking about what I wanted to do with my life in the future, and that got me thinking about what is keeping me from doing some of those things now. I didn't think I really had a problem or an addiction until a week or so ago when it hit me. For one whole work week I told myself I was going to go straight home after work and start working on some of my music and recording. At the end of every single one of those days, I found myself going to bed after having spent 3 plus hours playing COD and not having worked on music at all.

Traveling and music are a couple of my biggest passions, and both of those are becoming a reality as long as I can make time for them. I have been participating in some international operations with my cousin that are paying VERY well. Combined with my full time job for a fire alarm company, money is coming in hand over fist. I feel this is the right time for me to quit any distractions . . . and start building my dream recording studio and do some traveling.

The problem with my personality is: If I don't quit all out...I won't quit. What I mean is, to quit Call of Duty, I'm literally going to have to not only uninstall the game, but give the game away and tell myself I cannot buy another copy. At the time of my retirement from the Krew, I will also be uninstalling and getting rid of ALL of my video games to eliminate temptation there too.

Tuesday, February 15th, 2011 is going to be my final in-game day as I will be leaving for Korea the following day. I am using this trip as a transition out of the Krew, C0D and gaming in general. I will possibly be saying some final goodbyes on wednesday the 16th on the forums...however, the 16th is the last day you'll see my ugly mug.

I have had my time/fun with gaming...and COD4 was by far the best of all of them. I want to personally thank you all for everything you've done for me, all the games played together...the hackers/spawncampers banned, the good times and laggy times. I will remember you guys, and the Krew foreva!!

I will miss you guys...and wish you all the best of luck in the future!

Brandon A.K.A. |KKK|GrEy_FoX

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Hey Brandon,

It's a sad, sad thing to see you leave dude but like I said in the PM, it needs to be done. Best of luck in your future endeavors. :)

-WaLLy

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
See ya man, you will be missed. You better check it and shit! And if you get that studio, I demand a discount! XD

I will be taking this route in the next couple of months at some point, as well. I am sure it's obvious how fucked up my sleep schedule is, lol.

Goss400

|KKK| Member and Official post whore
Former Krew Member
cya fox, ill miss you, all the times with snipers, ill be the next vet, it was great having a class with you, good luck in the future, fox

Nabil

Staff Sergeant
Hey Grey when I saw this post, I was shocked.
Then when I read the thread, I literary cried.

Let me just tell you this, thanks for inviting me to |KKK| and |KKK| forums.
You're the second guy I saw who playing and you said 'Why don't you join KKK? We'll be happy to see you there!'
Your a great guy, fast and pro all the times, and deadly with your sniper and mp5. And your hell of a funny guy. :D
You gone feels like a missing puzzle gone forever. :(
And I wish you stay to see me become a member of KKK

But then again, you have a life and dreams.
So, maybe there are people protesting but I say go for your future.
Always keep your chin up and work hard. You'll get that studio for sure!
I wish ya the very best luck for your future and forever. :goodjob:
*(your retirement reminds me of Fernando Torres left Liverpool to Chelsea)*

So ya thanks for everything and never forget us KKK! I'll make sure I'll play with you on your last days here at KKK.

Best Regards,
Nabil aka Nabil and MacNabil

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
Quit! chase your dreams man!!
It's sad to see you go... Good luck in the future!

Trasgu

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
wow, that was a shocking one. anyways good luck with ur life. good bye

JohnRyAn

|KKK|JohnRyAn
|K3| Member
It's sad to see you go, you will be missed man!!!! Goood Luck in the future Fox.

|KKK|JohnRyAn

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I dont know what im more shocked about, You leaving or Nabil postinng something that actuall means something.

On topic:
Its sad to see you go man. You were probably one of our best mods and friendliest members. I will miss you and im positive the rest of the krew will as well. And when ur one of those famous musicians, take a break once in a while from the screaming girls and all and come back and play a few rounds:)

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
cya grey fox ill miss ya hope u can come around in the next 10 years or so to check back into the forum to talk to us or anything

btw u typed alot so i only read the first 2 paragraphs lol sry

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Wow man I thought this was going to be like a joke thread. That's good you are making your dream studio. I hope to do the same when I get the cash. If you need help with anything, let me know. You can email me or something if you are no longer going to be stopping by the forums. It will be good for you to travel, and I hope you will drop by sometime to see how things are going. Anyways man thanks for everything. It's going to be different with you not here. See ya Grey. :(

Convicted_Felon

Private First Class
Definitely chase after those passions, Videos games in a way is a distraction, I feel u 100% on your post, I be having things to do also, & end up playing cod4/video games instead of actually doing what i was suppose to be doing!!! You definitely will be missed, I Enjoyed playing against you, & chatting with u in game, Always was cool/polite to me & to those online, & Definitely was a bad ass shooter, Hated going against that mp5 of yours, hated it so much, I had to start using it lol, Learned something from u, I too was shocked to read the post, I & im sure im not the only one, would'nt want you to leave, But if its chasing your heart/dreams, GO FOR IT, we only live once, Wish u the best of luck - Wish u success in whatever u choose to do, We ain't going no-where anytime soon, In the future, DEFINITELY install this game, & drop by....Will be missed FOXY! Take care Brandon!

Grey_Fox

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Wow...so many meaningful comments and literary genius going on here! I don't know what to say!! Many of you could be writers...some of you comedians....and others.........well maybe you shouldn't quit your day jobs, but that's beside the point ;)

To TheDude....thanks for everything you taught me with sniping, and yes will get your discount at my studio! ;) hahaha...
To GOSS!....It was my pleasure showing you some sniper stuff, and I'm positive you'll be the next vet if you keep at it!
To Nabil....Wow...don't know if anybody else could top this post! (although there's still a little time ;) Thanks for all the kind words man...I AM genuinely sorry and sad that I won't be around when you make full KKK and possibly beyond. However, I am 100% sure you will be and Excellent addition to the Krew and will go far and do me proud :)
To NickHouston....I appreciate that man, it means a ton to me.
To CityChild....Dude.....dude.......dude. :( Gonna miss ya man. You were nearly the first real friend I had when I first started playing on KKK servers. We've had a lot of games together...95% of which have been snipers... LOL :) Good times...keep doing the Krew proud, I'm sure you will and keep the bolt sniper legacy going. ;) Peace brotha.
To Convicted_Felon....You were there pretty much every time I got on S1....and usually in first place I might add. Thanks for all the convos and games...it was a pleasure having you around.

To Everyone else.... I will someday try to at least jump back into the forums and surprise you guys...if the URL hasn't been changed or something screwy. lol...other than that, all I can say is, It has genuinely been a pleasure Gentlemen.

Cheerio... FoX

P.S. Does me leaving and being 1st in the sniper Komp make me automatically win? lol I keed I keed.

Last edited:

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
cya fox, ill miss you, all the times with snipers, ill be the next vet, it was great having a class with you, good luck in the future, fox

you think you're the next vet?
stick around.
thers like, Dude!

Hey Fox,
gimme your address for Korea, i might be going too!

oh well, have fun Fox.
You better come back once in a while and say hi, when you're all settled in on that studio!
take care, and don't do drugs.

Top Bottom