clan battle against zero alpha

Goss400

|KKK| Member and Official post whore
Former Krew Member
OK, sooo how bout a clan battle
you'll find the thread about the clan battle ive made on their forums here: http://zeroalpha.us/showthread.php?tid=557&page=2

so, AVC, its your choice of line up ummmmm we need the line up and time zones, they are choosing game modes.

now we just wait for the squads and time zones, AVC, pick well

Goss400

Former Krew Member
Well, I'm sure AVC's squad will all be experienced

Sent from goss' iPod touch using Tapatalk

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Promod's main feature is that it completely trashes the great weapon balance of stock CoD4.
p90 with 300 bulets with a 1by1 crosshair, LMG's with 100 bullets with outrages wallbangpower, 3x nades, stunning every enemy for you go out and kill, fully automatic sniper rifles, you don't need to aim just click many times in someones direction is balance according to this guy.

It strips out a bunch of things that make the game fun and all weapons become entirely inferior to the M40 or AK74u with the removal of weapon idling.
M40? you ever played promod at all? anyway sway on the guns is random and bugged, sometimes it didn't register a hit when it was clearly on target, the random part was that someone might have had luck the sway helped him what made it a matter of luck the sway is going to work with you or against you.

Even the snipers have no sway, because according to the "pros," learning to counter-balance scope sway is a totally luck based endeavor.
as I said the sway is bugged, thast why it is emoved, we also can get in the scope faster so its a bit more lethal close range (small maps), but what Mr here didn't say that we have an AWP fix, meaning, we have to unzoom after every shot making the total ROF lower.

And come on, no muzzle flash? Does it take less skill to properly aim your bullets so you don't have to keep shooting, constantly revealing your position with flashes?
Different video cards renderd the smoke/flash different, some had more denser clouds what made it more of a guessing game then actual aiming, its been removed to make it fair and so people can actually aim instead of guessing the path of the enemy.

It's total rubbish. Unless you enjoy being outclassed because you don't use the AK74u, please, for the love of whatever god you may worship, do not play Promod.
Did i tell you the Ak74u was nerfed?

It takes much more skill to succeed at stock CoD4 than this joke of a mod.
yeah like stock ak74u's with a 50 clip size, p90's and triple nades, dude you know nothing about skill.
face the facts, cod4 is an easy game, it is so populair because of it. Every kid with a gun in his hands can kill.
thats where promod/pam4 came in
to increase the skill gap.

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Promod is just a game mod made by pros and used by pros to scrim. Anyone can play it I think. I've met many people who have played in promod and they were not pros. By pros I mean people who get payed to play COD4. I wish the Krew luck and hope they win.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Promod doesn't do those things..
Here is what i have noticed in playing it. Keep in mind there are many different versions of the mod. You can find a complete list of features from whatever site hosts the file im sure.

The aim of promod is apparently to removed things from the game that are abused, and to add balance to the weapons. Example: there are no hit markers through walls - you can't spray until you get a hit and then focus on that point. The only way you'll know you hit something is if you manage to kill the person, and then it will tell you who you killed. Another example is that there are no perks to choose from. The mechanics of the game are the same for everyone. They are altered heavily from normal (unmodded) play.

While apparently it aims to balance the game completely, I have my doubts. If you look at sniping, the mechanics are altered in such a way that sniping is both easier and more deadly. The hip shot accuracy of the sniper is MUCH higher. I am fairly sure its much higher than you could get with steady aim even, but i do not know for sure. These values may vary depending on which version of promod you use. The time it take for the scope to come up is TINY. Comparable to that of an LMG being brought up. This combined with the amazing hip accuracy makes for the ability to do crazy jump shots and crap. Basically, the sniper in promod is what every little bitch wants to use all the time because it is engineered to make crazy ass kills and smear your ownage all over everyone else computer screen. IMO its lame and bullshit, but I am sure promod freaks will give you some rationalization about it balancing the game.

There are lots of things in the mod that do remove noobishness. There are no perks to begin with. You do get to choose a silencer as an attachment but that's it. Everyone gets the same abilities. The game mechanics ARE altered. There is no weapon bob when you run. There is no weapon sway. There are no kill streaks. You can't "cook" grenades (im pretty sure). It's really based on SnD, so there is no respawn, so there is no playing the spawns for kills.

You get a hud that shows your teammates. Depending on what version of promod you have, enemies will appear on the map when they fire an unsilenced weapon.

Here's the problem with promod. First of all, you're not pro unless you get paid. Simple as that. If i played like Asoma Bin Laden, and i got paid, and some guy who plays promod all day and owns me 50/50 games doesn't get paid, im still pro, hes still nothing better than amateur. While the majority of players you'll find in promod pubs are better than the regular traffic on server 1 by far, there are still plenty of noobs who just play promod because that's apparently what makes you 1337.

Well promod is the place for all the fanboys, posers, assholes, and shittalkers, as well as for the people who actually get paid, and the people who ACTUALLY just like to play. Most of the time, I find promod servers to be where people go to compare cod4 dick size, rather than to just play for fun. Promod is also where youll find the people who spend hours and hours learning to hide their hacks, or the people who spend hours learning how to configure their hacks so they are impossible to pick up on. So while there are some crazy players that play promod, in my opinion, for the most part the gametype attracts some of the worst of cod4.

Basically, it DOES balance the game on a couple of points. It also UNBALANCES the game so that "pros" can make and record their leet shots and all that crap. It does un-noob a lot of the game as well.

Now, our friendly little clan that we want to play is going to rape us if we play them. Unless they are REALLY REALLY bad, were gonna get demolished. I don't really think KKK needs to enter into the promod circuit. The reasons we play the game aren't really consistent with the expectations of the promod click. I just don't think it would be that fun for our krew. If you really want to challenge them to a promod scrim, you should probably head to some promod pub servers that run SnD. I don't think the version of promod will matter, just need to get used to the way the game plays.

All in all, I think promod can be fun sometimes. The community is a huge turn off for me, and sometimes I would rather the game not be so serious.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

oh yea
houston has a piece of some promod guy defending the scope op-ness.

Basically, hes (the guy defending the balance of promod) full of shit. The sniper is op. In my opinion its easier to use. Its like how i run around with a sniper like a retard as if it was an assault rifle. Well a bunch of kids said "AWESOME!!!" and made a mod where you could do that, all the fkin time, and WIN doing it. The obsession with promod seems to be the sniper, as evidence to what i just said. You'll find a whole bunch of public DM and TDM sniper only servers.

Last edited:

Goss400

Former Krew Member
who said anything about playing pro mod, like i said on there forums a friendly inter-clan match, can we please stay on topic here

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
dude have you even read the thread on their forum?
They play promod. They are assuming we are doing promod v2.06 SnD scrim.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Here is the quote -

Alright so I'm gonna assume this will be a promod 2.06 search and destroy scrim.. Our server? We got an NFO match server and another that is from EMSgaming, that are both located in Chicago. If you don't have a good server or a server that has any of the mods on it don't worry our servers are good. We hardly get any lag and usually very good reg!

To which you replied -

dont worry, we have 4 servers, all with mods.

If you want to have a scrim, then do it. My prediction is rape.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I've never played on a ProMod server.

I'm assuming a ProMod server is another form of ModdedServer? If so, maybe we can get one going to test the waters and see how the Krew likes it?

I'm also calling rape on this match and just because it's something new that the majority of us haven't experienced.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
well promod is what the guys who get paid play. There are lots of chumps that play it, as well, but we're still gonna get raped. We can try it. I don't want to attract promod people to our server, but it's not up to me.

Also, p90 is nerfed in promod. 74u is what everyone uses.

Last edited:

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
promod is good.
i like promod.
its harder too, usually about 3 snipers on a team, scopes in FAST.
they also tok out a lot of trash on the maps, so the games are faster.
usulallly SnD.
74u and ak-47 is the gun most used. snipers are always taken when you start. -LOl-

p90 is hecka nerfed, like Dude said. its not run and gun ither, peple who play promod regulary know all the maps, like where to throw nades right when you spawn. no offense, but we have no chance in promod agains't a promod clan.

Top Bottom