For ANYONE who wants to backup their Profile...

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
If you have not experienced the loss of your profile yet, then you have no idea whats in store for you. I lost my proflie once before and never again will it happen, I am writing this post because of members that have requested it and to help anyone out that wants to keep their STATS! (this is HIGHLY recommended to do).

The first thing that you need to do is to show the hidden files and folders. In win XP, you do this by opening the windows explorer or my computer, click on Tools and then Folder Options. On the tabs at the top click on view, and in advanced settings click the circle to enable "Show hidden files and folders". In win Vista, go to your control panel and double click on folder options, and enable "hidden files and folders" the same as above.

For win XP users, use step 1, vista users go to step 2, Windows 7 users go to step 3.

1. After you have turned off your hidden files and folders, you need to go to this directory below, assuming you installed COD4 on your C drive...
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players... The Profiles folder is what you need to copy and paste; do this on another section of your hard drive or, preferably on a flash drive or backup (external) drive. This folder contains every and all profiles that you have, so if you have multiple profiles this will include all of them as well.

2. The same as XP above except that you go to this directory...
C:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\... The "username" is whatever name you use to log on to your windows with, and do the same as above with copy and paste to retain your proflie. For vista 64 bit users, in your VirtualStore directory there should be a Program Files folder and Program Files (x86), the Activision will be in your x86 folder.

3. For Windows 7 users do the same as above with the Vista but navigate to this folder C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players... Now this will be for a 32-bit OS, and if you are using the 64-bit OS it will be located in the (x86) Program Files folder instead. To find out the "bit" of your OS in Vista or 7, just press the Windows Key (between the Alt and Ctrl keys) plus the Pause Break button at the same time and it will show you your OS, 32-bit or 64-bit.

If you need to reinsert your profiles after you have lost them for whatever reason, even having to reinstall the game, you locate your Profiles folder as explained above and just copy and paste your backup profiles folder you have made into the Players folder, this should work immediately as you start the game.

I hope you guys do back up your profiles and don't experience the same thing that me and McFoe had to learn, about loosing your profile because of some technical s*** and then it resets your stats, you WILL begin again at the beginning of the game with no stats! If there are any errors at all in this post, please let me know and I will modify it ASAP, AND REMEMBER TO BACK IT UP!!!

Dustyn

Second Lieutenant
If you can back it up, or you can copy your profile folder and save it to somewhere that you will remember. Your desktop would work great.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Wow thanks blu great step by step, i just copied mine to a folder on my desktop and will be moving it to my external HDD. Thanks a bunch blu!

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Are you making fun of me blu? It is not appreciated.
Hey McFoe, nothing at all against you bud! It was actually Damage (and your very much welcome) that asked me to make another post on how to backup your profiles, I did some work to my car today and it turned out great!, and told him if I had the time to do it later I would, and now you guys have it. I sure hope you "appreciate" me doing this for you and everyone else as well, lol :p

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
serious about what? am i ever serious?!?!?! :p

No I was just poking fun at myself because all my shit got erased. I definately encourag everyone to back up their stats, put that player profile on a thumb drive, external HD, or email it to yourself. Trust me you dont want to be forced to use the M16. It sux

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
great idea about emailing it to yourself then you could access it from any computer... i never thought of that. Score one for Mcfoe!

OldNavy

Private First Class
I'll give that a shot after I correct the patch issue. Dustyn how were able to dummy down from the 1.7 to 1.6 patch?

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Thanks Bird, I backed it up.
But usually when I uninstall the game though it asks if i want to keep my profiles.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah it may Freez, ask you to keep them but it is still a good idea to back them up. For me and McFoe, this happened when we started the game one day and for whatever reason it just popped up and said "stats have been reset", so after this happens there is nothing you can do to get your profile back, just wanted you to know that :D

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
Never happen to me huh! That's what people who get AIDS say. Sorry for any of yous that has aids.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
i will be doing this asap

as my pc just gone down and lost pretty everything (could have been due to some dogy photo someone sent me lol)

Windows vista user still have to mark the show hidden folders thing other wise it dont work or it never did for me. im guessing windows 7 will be the same as vista (or the beta version of it works the same as vista)

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
anyone worked out how to do mw2 yet?

i know some of it is online but the single player stuff and special opps is not saved online

Top Bottom