Warning:do not torrent!!!!!!

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
The Government has taken over Pirate Bay and has IP tracers all over the content. How do I know this? I received an email from Comcast warning me that i had not followed the terms of service and my account could've been suspended and i could've been sued. This isnt just for Pirate Bay. All torrent sites will have this soon. Just pay for the products or don't use them and you'll be fine.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Lol.

If you're safe and know what you're doing you wont get these warnings. ISP's have been sending Email's out like this for years.

You just need to be smart and make sure you're using the right torrent client and some kind of IP masking software like Peer Guardian 2.

It also helps not to download fake torrents that are put up from time to time. Sounds like you just got zapped. It happens.

That reminds me, I'm going to go acquire the Town.

Last edited:

honestjohnny

Master Sergeant
|K3| Legend
alot if torrent sites are changing there urls to get away from the US being able to do this. Demonoid for one changed there url from a .com to a .me.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Dont be a thief and ya wont have to worry...lol

Nick do not get caught again no matter what your being told on here. I tlaked your Mom down this time, I will not do it again and if I lose my internet I will kill you...lol

Qartveli

Corporal
im using torrent every day havnt got any email for them
or maybe i did recived some but im usualy never checking my email
so i dont care and my net is actualy on another persons credit card so i care even less :D

PwnSauce

Banned
I just torrented something to commemorate this post, lol.

Looks like nick believed chain mail he received, ha ha.

awesome.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Well i highly doubt it's chain email.

And Houston is right, don't torrent anymore. It's not worth losing your net over. There are plenty of other non torrent file sharing sites to use.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Thanks Dan..

Greg, Nick's mom got the letter. Nick's mom is a Master Sgt with a required Top Secret Clearance.. See where I'm going with this?? lol

PwnSauce

Banned
I'm no lawyer but unless a prosecutor can some how subpoena all access records from all the individuals making up the file people download from all the countries these people live, somehow verify that an anonymous proxy wasn't used AND successfully subpoena MY system's encrypted storage drive, sure. it's entirely possible, lol.

good luck with all that.

The RIAA and MPIAA knows that they can never stop people from sharing files on the internet and wants to scare people into not doing it.
This is most likely one of their scare tactics.

pwn

PS I do use an anonymizing proxy to torrent shiz so technically my torrents never were requested from my IP. : P~~~~!

Last edited:
Top Bottom