My PC Build

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Here are the PC parts. I'd name them but you can see the names on the pics anyway.

4cabe59f-b698-8884.jpg

4cabe59f-b6ab-8087.jpg

4cabe59f-b6bd-1169.jpg

I'll post a pic of my GPU when I get it tomorrow.

:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4cabe59f-b6d2-c845.jpg

4cabe59f-b6ec-2b10.jpg

4cabe59f-b704-67bb.jpg

4cabe59f-b724-bafe.jpg

4cabe59f-b738-2f65.jpg

Last edited:

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
sweet! When do we start?

Paint the inside of the case WaLLy. 5 bux for black epoxy spray paint at Home Depot or PepBoys. Black interior = PWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOLZ!!!!!!!FTW!!!!!!SMD!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

You will need to get another 200mm or 2-120mm fans for the side panel. Lot's of heat with that i7.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Yea side case fans will help cool your GPU down quite a bit. The CPU cooler should do a good job of keeping the chip at good temps.

Make sure the cooler fan points toward an exhaust fan.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
nice video card WaLLy should be killer playing Black Ops with all thos good specs, I was also thinking about buying the GTX470 there good fast cards

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
And here's a picture of the build.

4cabe59f-1a28-0949.jpg

I'll be taking care of hiding the wire later. I gotta see of this puppy turns on and install the OS on it.

Not sure if I should go with Windows 7 or XP. Hhmmm

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
If it were me I would go with 7, it's a lot faster and I just like it better. Man that is an awesome setup Wally, I too have a Gigabyte mobo and I love it, I haven't had any problems at all with it, very nice man that PC will rock!! :D

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
All finished hiding wires as best as I could.

Final picture..

4cabe59f-57a7-4103.jpg

I'll post some reviews after I get everything installed.

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
sweet! congrats Wally. You will pwn azz for sure with that set up! Awesome case ;)! Plenty of room for future upgrades or your weed stash!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Thanks man! Definitely loving it! I went to my brother-in-law's a while ago to pick up L4D2, MW2 and BO cd's cuz Steam is gonna be really slowwwwww to download. I'm installing cod4 at the moment. :D

I played BO on his PC and man, what a HUGE difference from what I used to have! I did wayyyy better without the stutter I had with my previous PC LOL His PC is an i5 and his GPU is 1 gig. I can already imagine what this bad boy is gonna be do! I just need to find a good mouse in the near future.

All in all, I'm excited with my new rig! :D

I'd like to thank (in no particular order), Damage, Code, Blu, Pug, AVC, joe and anyone else I might of forgotten that gave their input on my rig. Thanks! :)

Be ready for an ass-whoopin'! :D

Last edited:

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Your certainly welcome Wally, I love to help out on building PC's. The current PC I have now was custom made by ME and all my future PC's will also be built by me, I love doing it and you can pick exactly what you want, the best part of it!! :D

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Your certainly welcome Wally, I love to help out on building PC's. The current PC I have now was custom made by ME and all my future PC's will also be built by me, I love doing it and you can pick exactly what you want, the best part of it!! :D

Looks like I'll be doing the same thing here on out. The research, build, to the final product was a fun thing to do! :D

By the way, I was just playing on BO and boy it looks and plays smoooooooth!! Nothing compared to what I had before! No freezing, delays or anything! Though I only played on 2 games but still, it was perfect! :grouphug:

Now I gotta install the free games I got! Mafia 2 & R.U.S.E. I also got a trial of Starcraft. My co-worker told me it was good but I dunno if I should install it or not since it's only a 7 day trial...

Games I already installed:
cod4
MW2
BO

:D

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I would like to know how the Starcraft game is, I've thought about trying that one out too, of course it's up to you bud but I would like to know how it plays, and the graphics look awesome too!! :D

AVC

Banned
I'd like to thank (in no particular order), Damage, Code, Blu, Pug, AVC, joe and anyone else I might of forgotten that gave their input on my rig. Thanks! :)

C'mon! I told you to build it naked to prevent static! How soon we forget!

:)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
What are you talking about? Your name is on there as well :p

:insertevillaughhere

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Man, having a huge fan at the top of the case that blows everything to the top and eventually goes to my legs is definitely gonna be something to get used to.. I'm getting cold!!!! and I have pants on! I can already imagine when I have boxers only lol Though, it'll definitely gonna be handy come summer time but that's months away! yikes!

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Nice build WaLLy glad to see you got it up and running looks like a nice clean build you definetly did a good job if this was your first time. like many other ive built many pcs also and planning on building an i7 next. You should try to install Snow Leopard on a seperate HD and post ur results wally or even plug in that hd that already has it on it.

Top Bottom