Any and all computer questions/Issues post here.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
This was an idea suggested by Pug who was too lazy to do it b/c he knew i would.

Post any and all computer issues here, whether it be COD related or not. Feel free to ask any question(s), don't be shy.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
my ping is always very high, do anyone go tips????

not really much you can do apart from make sure nothing else is using the internet while you are trying to play games. other than that try to find a better isp

Post Merge: [time]1265948275[/time]

This was an idea suggested by Pug who was too lazy to do it b/c he knew i would.

Post any and all computer issues here, whether it be COD related or not. Feel free to ask any question(s), don't be shy.

oi thats unfair lol you wanted to do it and you know it

Dustyn

Second Lieutenant
For the Ping thing, it's most likely or both:

A) Internet Connection level or

B) You live far from where the server is hosted.

A

Avenger

And dustyn..If your are running a virus scan or somthing it cant make your ping SKY HIGH. i got banned from a server in counter strike a couple years ago. cause i have scan running while i was playing.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
And dustyn..If your are running a virus scan or somthing it cant make your ping SKY HIGH. i got banned from a server in counter strike a couple years ago. cause i have scan running while i was playing.

virus scan is a waste of time in my veiw

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
If you use limewire allot etc its not. Just leave your pc on for a night and safety is garanteed if you have a good scanner. But if you're very safe its a waste of time yes.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
If you use limewire allot etc its not. Just leave your pc on for a night and safety is garanteed if you have a good scanner. But if you're very safe its a waste of time yes.

no you just have to look at what your downloading lol and to start with there is no reason on earth why anyone should be using limewire lol its full of rubbish.

if your using limewire its like going on to google and search for a virus and then downloading it yourself

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I agree with pug, Limewire is crap. There are so many better ways to get things of much better quality and much safer. Safety is never guaranteed.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
might aswell save hard drive space and remove limewire and to be fair the virus protect dont do much and firewall is a waste of time lol (tak eit from i know lol)

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
first of all if you use limewire your a tard. go to google and search for youtube to mp3 converter. look for website named dvdsoft or somthing. copy ur fav youtube links and download. simple as pie. and if you have a modern computer (quadcores) virus scan shouldnt take long. i have over 400gb of data, takes my amd system less than 15 min for virus scan. avg is best anti virus. dosent slow down system, and gives protection.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah I used AVG a loooooong time ago, and then switched to Avast which is a good one, but now I use Avira which I like the most, but Avira has an annoying pop up wanting you to buy the premium version but if you also Comodo firewall like I do you can disable this :D

Oh BTW they are all free, the ones I mentioned

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
actualy avg is the lightest. barly uses any resources. only about 3% of cpu power is used to run too (on 1 of my cores, not all 4 together). i tryed nortan once but its crap. i have internet securety, not the avg free btw. i spent 20 bucks on upgrade and it was worth it. best anti virus i ever used.

Top Bottom