linux

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
also heres a video of a old 1ghz system running windows 7 smoothly. he has 768mb of ram (pc133) not even a full gig and its having no trouble.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xuYLhBWnw"]YouTube - Windows 7 on Athlon Thunderbird 1GHz AERO effects![/nomedia]

Post Merge: [time]1287773425[/time]

lol thedude XD u enjoying the show? :p

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/system-requirements

1ghz processor, and 1gb ram is recomended. the hard drive space is so you have enough room to store files. on apple website it says 5gb available to install the os, on microsoft website it just recommends you a hard drive space.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html

also i take back some of the stuff i said about the ram, but the only reason people buy the x64 version of windows is if they have 4gb of ram or more. you dont go installing it if you have less. the true min requirement for ram is 512mb, ive done it on at least 3 different systems. and honestly if you have 4gb of ram, you can just keep 32bit os and use extension bit which turns 32bit into 36bit, making the full 4gb usable. snow is x64 by default, there is no 32bit option. which is why it uses so much memory in the first place.

Apples to apples my good man. ;)

If Microsoft is telling they require certain things, they mean it. If you don't, it'll run like a piggie or sometimes like a turtle lol

10.6 aka Snow Leopard is 64bit but it runs 32bit programs natively.

I may sound like a fan boy but when one bashes a product they've never experienced, is outright idiotic.

PS. I'm not trying to win the debate. Just stating facts. To add, I'm an avid Windows 7 user. I use it everyday and Mac had more games, I'd leave 7 behind without thinking it twice. It's just that good.

*waits for Blu's and D's turn to bash OSX* :D

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
when mac wasn't popular, all the techy's i knew loved it. When mac became popular, they all started vouching for windows. I think sometimes it's just a social thing. Mac OSx is a very good operating system from everything I have seen. Dealing with apple sucks, but they make good products. The only thing that I am really pissed about is that I can't upgrade my hardware.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The only thing that I am really pissed about is that I can't upgrade my hardware.

About the only thing I can say anything negative about 'em. Technically you can upgrade but make sure to bring some lube with you to the Apple store :D

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Apples to apples my good man. ;)

If Microsoft is telling they require certain things, they mean it. If you don't, it'll run like a piggie or sometimes like a turtle lol

10.6 aka Snow Leopard is 64bit but it runs 32bit programs natively.

I may sound like a fan boy but when one bashes a product they've never experienced, is outright idiotic.

PS. I'm not trying to win the debate. Just stating facts. To add, I'm an avid Windows 7 user. I use it everyday and Mac had more games, I'd leave 7 behind without thinking it twice. It's just that good.

*waits for Blu's and D's turn to bash OSX* :D

>implying windows 7 dosent run x86 applications natively.
lol wally were you been man. windows 7 does run 32bit apps natively. if it didnt theres no way i would be running 75% of the crap that i do on my system.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
OS X is Unix genius.

Linux is a derivative of Unix.

nope. os x is *nix. a unix-like operating system based on the mach kernal. os x is basicly a combo of freebsd and netbsd. os x is no longer unix based but many unix commands will run on os x because its unix like.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Congrats. You can read wikipedia.

dosent say it on wikipedia. i know many many things about os's, there kernals, how they work, and i also know many things about hardware. sure i dont know EVERYTHING but i know a good deal.

AVC

Banned
I still use XP pro. LOL.
Works fine on all 7 machines.
When XP stops supporting our hardware, I might upgrade.

Top Bottom