We're upgrading!!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago, I mentioned of some changes we were going to make to the forum. It's that time! We will be moving to vBulletin; an actual paid forum where it has much more to offer to both - you and I. Beginning tomorrow, I will be ordering a new domain (we're still keeping cod4kkk.com) with the possibility of two of them. Along with the new domain, I will also be ordering a new forum host. We've been having small issues and I feel it's time to move.

To recap, we're getting:
-new forum (all our info is staying)
-new forum host
-vBulletin forum

Before the move is complete, I will be testing to make sure all our accounts and information is kept. We'll be losing some minor stuff. So with that said, if you have anything important that's in your private messages, profiles, or anything you may think of - BACK IT UP!!!

I'll post more info when I can think of some. Post questions if you have 'em.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
so, do i start from post number 1 again if the switch does not work?!?!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
the switch will include the major important things, e.i. posts, threads, users, things of that nature.

things that aren't transferable are things like the forum layout; new forum, new layout.

Also, it's important to know that I wont make the switch 'til I can guarantee that I already made the transfer. Basically, I have to do some transfer testing, and if this works then I'll notify everyone about the final switch.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Also, the switch from SMF (our current forum) to vBulletin will cause everyone to reset their passwords.

I'll be sending out a mass eMail later today to let everyone know of the move and passwords.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
will we still be able to use tapatalk? cause i didnt buy it for anything other than this lol

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
sure you bought it. :p :D

and yes it'll work on vBulletin as well. Remind me a few days after we all get settled in.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
I pretty sure Tapatalk supports Vbulliton fourms Nick 8)

And are we sill having a shoutbox?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The shoutbox is one of the main reasons why people come to the forum. It's one of the 1st things I look for when doing any sort of upgrade. ;)

The new shoutbox is definitely much nicer, in terms of lag, and has other small features. A few of us have tested the test forum out with the new shoutbox and everyone seems to like the changes. 8)

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
sure you bought it. :p :D
well i had the cracked version until my jailbreak screwed up, putting my iPhone in a non-usable state to which i had to resore the phone to 4.1 firmware thus making it un-jailbreakable using jailbreak me

Sniper Girl

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
butt............ i like this one.... oh well:) soo the moves tomorrow?? sahhweeatt! :098:
and whats a new host suposed to mean?? like a new furm admin?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
no the move isn't tomorrow. more than likely in a week. I'm just preparing everyone so they can save any important pictures, info they may have in their profiles and such.

when I mean new forum host, I mean a faster forum overall. more money but it's time to upgrade.

Goss400

|KKK| Member and Official post whore
Former Krew Member
can i have a list of the biggest things that are gonna change with the new domain

Top Bottom