Yay! New Maps!

PwnSauce

Banned
Ok,
I was interested in getting some other maps on the servers b/c I'm sick of the maps we have and knew there were some bad-ass maps out there available from gamespot.com.

In order to motivate Wally to install them maps, we have to show interest.
That's where you come in.

WHO WANTS NEW MAPS?!?!?!
YEAAAAA!!! (Post enthusiastic comments)

Other maps here:
http://tinyurl.com/kkk-sparta

Sparta map info:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/callofduty4modernwarfare/images/6189544/1/
Attached is a screenshot of the map from the film Sparta. (yes you can jump into the big hole)

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I WANT NEW MAPS. "WOOOT WOOOT" <-------The train coming bringing new maps. <------(lame)

But srsly, new maps would be awesome.

Dizaster

Master Sergeant
Former Krew Member
yea new maps sounds awsome we could throw in maybe a custom map server to replace that cartoon nonsense one. maybe get a bunch of the custom maps and have it rotate either with one game type or mixed whatever sounds good to everyone.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
well I downloaded the map pack from the link you provided in an eMail. Guess what it does? It downloads 1 huge file (1.4gb) and it's an actual installer. It installs the mod (which we don't run) and it also installs the maps. 35 maps in all!!! None of the maps you guys mentioned were in there though, like the sparta map and the map that looks like wetworks. Which by the way, are extremely HUGE maps!!! Downloading the maps will take some time for the folks that have slow bandwidth.

I've only added 2 maps which are: Sparta and the Wetworks look-alike.

I can add more maps but again, I'd like to have specific maps so I could just add them to the server. It takes roughly 20 minutes to get 1 map installed, so just imagine if I have to upload all 35 lol

So yeah, the server is up. Have fun ;)

PwnSauce

Banned
can we separate the simpson maps with the new maps? maybe move them to like S6?
I think ppl go to the cartoon server to do those maps and may wait around for the sparta and other new maps to rotate through.
just a thought

greg

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah I didn't think of that pwn, if the cartoon maps are still there too and we got to wait on them, that will suck. I'm not going to sit idle on there through 3 maps just to play the ones I really DO want to play, what say you Wally?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
take out family guy and south park maps. They suck. Simpsons one is ok, and if you only have to wait through one map you dont like, then tough titties.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I like the South Park map. Ax the Family guy. Maybe have a vote as to which one should go?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
pwn, I wouldn't mind splitting the servers but I still haven't heard other suggestions about which of the other maps I should add. Like I said before, I downloaded the map pack which includes 35 maps and to upload all of them to both server and our host, it takes a lot of time and then a lot of folks have to take a long are time to get them downloaded. If you guys want all 35 of the unknown maps then I'll get started on it when I get home.

Also, for simplicity, I've only added TDM and FFA on the rotation. If you guys want more gametypes, just tell me which map and what gametype.

At this point, people will be unhappy with what I do to the server. I know I offered the server to pwn, since he's the one that made the suggestion in the 1st place, direct all the S5 changes to him. Meaning, he'll give me all the list and maps to add.

Sounds good?

Top Bottom