I'll send pics of processes now

AVC

Banned
Mine gott in himmel!
Most of that Toshiba stuff can go.

Stuff to shut down before playing: some may be in the Applications tab
Browser (Chrome)
iTunes
the touch pad app (unless for some weird reason you use the touch pad as a mouse to game)
most of the Toshiba crap

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
how about another speedtest after you plug it in if you still got the same speed u need to upgrade ur internet package

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
AVC what ADSL plan do you have with telstra. Is it cable?
Stevo ill wake up and post the speedtest directly plugged into modem, but how do i disable wireless?

Post Merge: [time]1283722163[/time]

My speeds when im pulgged directly to the modem with a ethernet cable
Not much of a difference.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
WOW thats slower then before lol You need to upgrade ur package for sure you should tell ur parents to call ur provider and see what package are availble

AVC

Banned
To disable the wire less:
Firstly, there may be a hardware switch on the front of the laptop (depends on brand).

There should also be a software method. One of the icons in the systray (bottom right of the screen) should show the wireless connection. You may be able to right click and select "disable". But the laptop may use a propriety software like "Toshiba Connection Manager". You will have to find it in the Start-Programs menu and select "wireless off".

If you are on ADSL and pinging over 100 to a local server you DO NOT need to upgrade your connection. But you sure as hell need to call your provider and ask them WTF is wrong with your connection. One of the issues with ADSL is that if you have a crappy phone line, you have a crappy Net connection.

No way should you be getting that kind of crapola performance from an ADSL connection. Another thing you should try is to log on to Speedtest from one of the other machines in the household and test the ping. Process of elimination. Your machine might have issues.

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
lol shut up, I have a thomson speedtouch 530 modem and Im going to swap it with my other one and see if its the modems fault

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Heyy,
Guys my lag problem FIXED!!! :D We got a belkin modem, were getting about 4 mb/s. I know its not 'very' fast, but its a MASSIVE improvement from my old modem. Thanks guys anyway for your ongoing help :)

Top Bottom