LAG

lakesidekid

Private First Class
Hey you tech people,
I got a question for you. Everytime when I first sign on to COD4, it don't matter what server, I get a huge lag (that nine times out ten gets me killed), the 5 seconds of play. Then it don't happen again the rest of the game. Its bad lag, but at the start only. Does this happen to anyone else? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

KateLove

Sergeant
First it would help if we knew what your fps is and second do you use fov 80? and bringing your graphics down might help also

lakesidekid

Private First Class
Thank you for trying to help me. My FSP is around 150 I am running dual GTX 260's in SLI. I tried changing the fov from 65 to 80 but I must be have the wrong command, cause it stays at 65. This problem is not really a big deal, I was mostly curious to see if anyone else got a big lag at the start of the game too. It may have something to do with the SLI. But thanks at any rate :c017:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Never experienced it. Sounds weird.

If I ever do experience lag, it happens through-out the whole game.

Has it always done that since day 1? Have you done anything to your PC as of late like upgraded OS? Ram? Chipset?

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
lakeside, "/cg_fov 80" is the command for that feild of view thing. remember, no quotes

lakesidekid

Private First Class
I added the second GTX-260 video card fairly recently, I think maybe it started lagging after that, I just can't remeber for sure. When I get a chance I am going to pull the second card back out and see if the lag is still there. I also am going to try changing the default fov again because I was entering it with quote marks. I am not much of tech person so I really appreciate your help!!!!! :c017:

Post Merge: [time]1282339410[/time]

It stopped lagging all of sudden today for some reason. I enter in the fov command properly so maybe that was it. Thanks Thanks Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom