Happy Birthday, Sargass!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Happy belated birthday, Sarg!!

How’d you celebrate? Any exciting presents?

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Thanks guys :)

Barely celebrated :) Worked on my second paracord bullwhip 'til 5am ^^
52950122_10218137052440172_750665188469899264_n.jpg

53203699_10218137053560200_8694669611485888512_n.jpg

Got a new matress...so my night are gooood now ^^

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
You’re whipping stuff while you’re throwing flames? Holy cow!

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Im planning to whip stuff with flamming whip (like butane ballons) and make them pop in fire balls :) thats the goal...meaning time to learn how to built whips, built some whips, learn how to handle them, save money, built better whips, buy a fire whip (as amount of kevlar/fireproof rope to make it is a money blackhole) learn how to handle it, then pop things ^^ Estimate time to reach goal...6month/one year. Nearest goal is to reach a "perfect working" whip in 3. So the next 2 will still be testing ones as im still testing building and braiding techniques. For now, it takes 15-20hours to make one, mainly cause i have to wait to buy certains tools or materials, goal is to reach 12h when i'll have all the tools and consummable in stock. And the last major step will be the waxing step wich is gonna make the whip a lot more responsive than with just paracord.

i like to know my props before using it and the best way is to build it imo. So i've spent the last two weeks watching tutorials (nick whipshop and caliber whips mainly) braiding bullwhips, and watching son of anarchy and other show on netflix ^^ doesn't mean that i know eveything about whip making (some are making whips for 15years and still learning tricks) but youtube can help you a lot to start crafting things . First one was too sloppy and rushed, so not hard enough to make a good sound. He just pops slowly and you have to force it to make it clac.
Second one need some finishing work for the guard and the heel knot, wich require some more material to buy, but it sounds right when you whip it...

Besides im still eating fire and juggling with fire props, but as whips seems to be the last fancy prop in belgium, and as far as i know (you know nothing john Sarg!) there's not many whip makers in belgium out of the leather workers and maybe two others paracord whip makers. So it could be a good way to not spend 14h/day to play video games...

Top Bottom