Home audio

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Anyone have knowledge?

I'm looking to get an inexpensive system for my room (12x20?) something like that.

Priority is music via CD. Do these Home theater in a box sound good for music or would a shelf system blow it away? I don't watch very many movies, but it would be nice to have the HTIAB for blu-rays when i do watch. And Tv as well. Couple examples of what I'm pondering.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...-system-black/4648620.p?skuId=4648620&cmp=RMX

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-700w-mini-shelf-system-black/3328026.p?skuId=3328026

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
If it's between those two, I'd go with the Samsung system for a few reasons:
  • built-in blu-ray player
  • lower watts per speaker but it has more speakers
  • true surround sound feel when you're watching a movie
  • nicer looking system, IMO
If you're dead set on the LG, Amazon has it for $149.94 (plus taxes). 10 left in stock though.

How far is your local BB? You can try to price match at BB, BB will only price match it at $152.46 since BB's policy is, they can only price match Amazon's prices. Since anyone can sell anything at whatever price and cheat the system trying to get BB to price match the cheapest price.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
If it's between those two, I'd go with the Samsung system for a few reasons:
  • built-in blu-ray player
  • lower watts per speaker but it has more speakers
  • true surround sound feel when you're watching a movie
  • nicer looking system, IMO
If you're dead set on the LG, Amazon has it for $149.94 (plus taxes). 10 left in stock though.

How far is your local BB? You can try to price match at BB, BB will only price match it at $152.46 since BB's policy is, they can only price match Amazon's prices. Since anyone can sell anything at whatever price and cheat the system trying to get BB to price match the cheapest price.

BB is close. I'm not set on anything. I was just looking for info on which type of system (HTIAB or Shelf system) would sound better for music (CD's)

The HITAB has the plus side of the BD player (which i need an upgrade anyways) and being good for movies. How does music sound with the 5 speakers? I could probably hook the LG up for TV/Movie sound as well.

As i said, really just looking for the best music quality. Movie/tv is secondary.

No sales tax here :neener:

Top Bottom