The future of the Krew.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I have come by the forum everyday for the past 6 years. I may not have posted, I may not have said anything in the shoutbox. But I was there.

Over the past year, our community has been dying. Wether it be that we don't like CoD, we've moved on to new games, or we just got bored of the community.

Some of us have been here since the beginning. When the shoutbox was barely able to keep up with our conversations, when you could refresh your "new posts" page every 5 minutes and have some new stuff to see. We want to see the community we built thrive like it once did.

CoD4 is a dying game, filled with majority modded servers and redirects. As much as it pains me to say it, we need to let it go. If we want our community to get to where it once was, we need to branch out. We need to keep up with PC gaming trends. We need to get on games and give people a reason to come by our forum and a reason to stay once they get here.

In terms of community servers, there are many games we have at our disposal. Gary's Mod, CS:GO, BF4/Hardline.

I know Gary's mod has a very good variety of things we can do. I also know we rely solely on WaLLy's bank account for our forum and servers to run. I have personally played many servers in Gary's mod from Trouble in Terrorist Town to Dark RP. Almost every server has donator perks and none of them charge too much for them. This would definitely ease the blow to WaLLy's wallet while bringing in new people and with the right exposure to new people we could definitely rebuild our community.

This would take effort on everyone's part. We would need to learn a new game with different game types. But in the end it would definitely be worth the effort once we can come to the once again active forum and long, active server list.

Can this happen overnight? Hell no. But we can do this guys. And we need everyone's help if we're going to try.

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
Set up a minecraft minigames-factions server, grated the server will grow (with 12 y/olds)

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Set up a minecraft minigames-factions server, grated the server will grow (with 12 y/olds)
The Krew has always been a fun community. Clogging it up with a bunch of little kids would not be the best idea. lol

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
we tried to branch out several times already. getting the entire krew to collectivly buy a new game and furthermore one that everyone likes aswell as having the propper hardware for it has proven to be rather problematic :(

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
The problem for me is that i just don't game anymore. Other than CoC there isn't anything i play. My PC is pretty outdated and can't run most of the newer games.

Genius was pretty spot on with his comment.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
We don't have to all go out and buy new games.

The awesome thing about being a gaming community is that we can stay unified despite not playing the same games.

We would just have to pick a few games that we (not all of us have to) play and go from there. That's why I said branch out. We can go in multiple different directions while still being part of this one community.

This will also help us grow faster as we would not be throwing all of our faith to just one game.

In terms of outdated hardware or lower spec computers, games like Gary's Mod barely even need a dedicated GPU to run smooth.

Let's start a discussion on what games we play, what games out of those have community-run servers and what we would need to do to get servers for them.

Also, we should definitely start a donator rank system for priority slots, extra perks, etc. in order to fund these new servers, the forum, etc. Most servers have a two-tier donator system. $10 for a few perks and $20 for a few more perks. This could be anything. I know in G Mod there is usually donator weapons, vehicles, increased prop spawning, etc.

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
We don't have to all go out and buy new games.

The awesome thing about being a gaming community is that we can stay unified despite not playing the same games.

We would just have to pick a few games that we (not all of us have to) play and go from there. That's why I said branch out. We can go in multiple different directions while still being part of this one community.

This will also help us grow faster as we would not be throwing all of our faith to just one game.

the krews active players are few as it is (myself not among them anymore neither) if we then branch out to several games as you said, we will never be able to fill up the server with people. noone joins an emty server, we would have to throw the full strenght of the krew behind it with idlershifts and etc. trust me, me and a couple of others tried for more then a year with waw. when we joined the server together we could get a couple of players on. but as soon as we left the server was dead, we never succeded in building a selfsustaining serverpopulation and therefore failed to effectivly colonize the game.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
The problem for me is that i just don't game anymore. Other than CoC there isn't anything i play. My PC is pretty outdated and can't run most of the newer games.

Genius was pretty spot on with his comment.
I agree, I mainly use the forum just to check in from time to time, and to see the new posts but I can't tell you last time I played COD4, it is getting outdated and also seems like every time I would go to S1 that use to be bumping all the time is now gone, I don't see it coming back :(

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
If people didn't go into a server because it was empty - thered never be a server with people in it. I think cod 4 will always have a decent amount of people in it, im playing cod 1 and cod uo and it still has full servers - granted theres thousands of empty lol but still. However well always be a krew(even us ex members) and even if cod4 does die we can always find games we play with each other already at times like civ5 soon enough civ 6. To get more people in the krew would be something im unsure of..anyone friends with a popular youtuber? lol could help. We would have to focus on one game, but many newer games don't have servers, only parties or whatever like the console, it's kind of hard to get people to join a particular clan/krew.
Ideas for games: None. It just has to be a game where people would love to stay and play even when a few people leave. Id say BF1 but idk.

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Make the community lives...stop idling on forum without saying a thing...Good days of the krew were when people used to talk together/ post new topic and ideas... not waiting for someone to post...or respond on the 5 same topics all the time

Look at the past, most of us were hardcore gamers (i used to play 4-14hours a day, killed many games in less than 5 days, add-on included) and most of us spent a lot of time moderating forum and servers. But now, we all went a lil older, have less time to play due to life's event for most of us or just because gaming community is fucked bad...12yo kids running after pokemons...gaming industry aim at a false free to play scheme for casual gamers not on old school games mechanics.
We barely have dedicated server on new games due to cross platform. Just because they want to make money on our back :)

On other way, im bored of ego-trippin people, Dad's Master Card kids, no life (i used to be one of them but i went out of my home once ;) and not for chasing pokemons ) and other people you find in gaming world, i play Marvel heroes for four years and i've barely spoke to someone in game except since the last three month.
I've played on MC server for 3 months, and the only two i've seen were Sebaot and Arcani (once maybe?) So i dont think sandbox game would lead to something else than actual situation :)
We had a battlefield server...had the chance to play ONE game with people of the krew...

Play the game you want and share it to the other, dont try to grab people at all price (buy a fkin pokeshop for the forum goddam :p ), talk with people if you want to see them being alive.

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
Pokemon go is great. I know people who would never touch a console or xomputer who call me now to go catch pokemon. I swear this game is urneal. You know how many girls you can get if you have a 1737 gyarados.

On a serious note, i dont see myself shooting anything. Minecraft is taking all my time. I can build for 8 hrs straigh and it'll feel like 2. I really love building and with some money coming in from it i dont see myself changing. The urge to play fps is somewhere, but not big enough for me to download cod or anything like that.

SiloHunter

Condescending little prick
|K3| Moderator
I find it hard to believe that you could even pretend Garry's Mod is a venue for expansion. The game has fewer daily users than Rust on average. CS-GO relies on a largely competitive user base rather than casual communities. And PC Battlefield will never pull a large community.

The fact of the matter is, it's not the Krew that is dying. It is gaming communities that are dying. As gaming grows more popular and competitive gaming gets a bigger spotlight, people trend away from having a community and towards playing in a competitive situation. That's why big name communities are likely to grow as they are able to sustain more people, and thus more skilled gamers and in addition, be able to sponsor those gamers. And the change to competitive gaming leaves community servers dead as more in more players move to servers hosted for competitive.

Few games still really have a community server aspect. G-Mod is one, but the daily user base is small, and they aren't looking for new servers, nor pulling new users. Anyone who wants to play G-Mod already has it and has already found a server they call home. Minecraft is another strong community server game, but doesn't appeal to many of us.

my 2 cents

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Pokemon go is great. I know people who would never touch a console or xomputer who call me now to go catch pokemon. I swear this game is urneal. You know how many girls you can get if you have a 1737 gyarados.

On a serious note, i dont see myself shooting anything. Minecraft is taking all my time. I can build for 8 hrs straigh and it'll feel like 2. I really love building and with some money coming in from it i dont see myself changing. The urge to play fps is somewhere, but not big enough for me to download cod or anything like that.

I've probably asked this before, but out of curiosity, how much do you pull in per month via MC?

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
I've probably asked this before, but out of curiosity, how much do you pull in per month via MC?

Depends, It's kinda all in an escalator right now, I keep getting better every day) right now about 500$. This is about 2 jobs from 300/200$ a build. This is the lowest we go for prices.

maJ

G*59
Man, This is a new account but I remember years ago i used to absolutely no life the servers and lurk on the forums all day. Can't actually believe that the Krew is dying. Pretty sad tbh, to see what I used to love just disappear and fade away despite trying to save everything and grow. I think BF1 would be a good community but just depends.

PR3C1Z10N

Sergeant
|K3| Member
Honestly I think one of the best ways to get more lively is to DEBATE! If you post a music vid someone might be like, "cool" but if you say "The Bible is true" or talk politics THEN everyone comes out of the woodwork. :D

I think if we all just focus on being a community and doing what we can do amongst ourselves, we won't have to worry about new members. The purpose of this community is not to have the most members, it's to grow our knowledge and friendship with others. There are plenty of people here to do that.

Top Bottom