Why so much hate for Cam?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Bunch of comments on the interwebs saying they're happy his showboating ass lost. He's not the only QB that does a :dance: after he runs in for a TD. And now he's getting criticized for walking out of the post-game interview.

Some people man :smh:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Agreed. I was reading a bunch of comments on Bleacher report and almost all of them were about how overrated, classless, exposed, arrogant, cocky, on and on and on Newton is. One called him Kaepernick 2.0 :re:

He could have handled the post-game interview a lot better, but even that wasn't a huge deal to me. He needs to grow up some, but he's no better or worse than any other player. Mike n Mike said it best: People were just waiting and looking for ANY reason or excuse to jump all over him. Not sure why he gets so much crap.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
I think it's only because he gets a lot of media coverage. Most players have cocky attitudes, but not all of them get headlines day in and day out for everything they do.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Twitter confuses me. I can never tell who's quoting and replying to who XD

But that was quite interesting.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
He could have handled the post-game interview a lot better, but even that wasn't a huge deal to me. He needs to grow up some, but he's no better or worse than any other player
How could have he handled it? Better to just walk away than having him spew a few curse words out of anger.

Post game interviews are whack, especially to the losing team. Makes no sense to have someone sit there and to try to answer questions like "what went wrong?", etc.

And what is he doing for you to say he needs to grow up?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I agree that having to address the media after the cool down is a bit absurd, especially when a player is probably very distraught, but like or not, the coach/QB are the faces of the team. In Cam's case, one of the faces of the NFL. He's the MVP. It's not a fair burden at times, but it comes with the job. He should have stayed and gone through the motions and done his duty. To me, it's part of the job. I don't think it should be, but it is.

That said, i don't think it's a big deal and it's definitely being blown out of proportion. But at the same time, Newton comes across to me like a guy who wants and craves the spotlight. He wants to be a top dog. If he want's to be the man, he has to act like one in good times and bad. At 26, i still think he has some maturing to do in how he conducts himself. Not a knock on him, as this applies to many athletes/people. Just how i see it.

Top Bottom