Minecraft questions, suggestions, etc.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Is the new world going to have any features such as whitelist, grief/chest protection, etc?

One thing me and Sebaot noticed; When you do things that require XP (enchant , etc.) the XP is hardly dropping. Exmaple: I enchanted a diamond pickaxe @ level 28 and only dropped to level 26.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Can anything be done about the lag? It's been somewhat bad last night/early today (now) Mined blocks are reappearing (sometimes many times), chests take a few seconds to open, etc. I tried installing optifine but it didn't help. Seba was having some issues as well.

Last edited:

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
One thing me and Sebaot noticed; When you do things that require XP (enchant , etc.) the XP is hardly dropping. Exmaple: I enchanted a diamond pickaxe @ level 28 and only dropped to level 26.

Thats how new enchantments work. You have to add lapis, max (lv 30) enchants take 3 lvls but you do have to be lv 30, and have 3 lapis. Now you have more levels to repair and stuff.
[DOUBLEPOST=1447238559][/DOUBLEPOST]I also suggest just going for a whitelist so we can move on tp 1.9

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Yeah as take said that's the new enchanting system. Levels themselves cost more XP than before but enchantments take fewer levels away and cost lapis. Level 30 enchanments still require a minumum of 30 levels but only take 3 away.

MC mods basically died with 1.8. This means plugins are in very short supply. I have yet to find grief protection.

1.9 is around the corner. If we go 1.9, we lose warps but get all the 1.9 goodies.

Why the insistantance on whitelisting? We don't need a whitelist to move to anything. An anti-build plugin would be best if one is available.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
The Lag is horrible. I was digging a tunnel straight down and the game was doing some really weird things. Can't really explain it, but i was being shot up and down, over and over, with mined blocks constantly disappearing and then reappearing. I was able to get out of it by digging down and down until it stopped. When i got to the end of the tunnel and fell through to the floor, it then glitched again and shot me up back the tunnel with mined blocks reappearing. Chests take 5-7 seconds to open, etc.

Not complaining, just wondering if anything can be done.

EDIT: It's really getting unplayable for me. I built a small train and the lag is horrid when I'm on it. Maybe it's just my PC.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I should point out that i don't experience (bad)lag all of the time. When I'm out mining , running around, gathering, building , etc. things are smooth enough. Sometimes a block reappears, but that's no big deal. The lag seems to happen when I'm opening chests (5-7 seconds to respond), using a stove or riding my little cart (it's really bad on that, although Seba mentioned rendering).

Last edited:

Sebaot

Corporal
|K3| Member
I'm also experiencing lag but I'm not sure if it's related to local network limitations instead. But as Damage explained, last week the server was acting up in terms of response time and rendering speed. This week it's been better though.

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
Hm. Render hasn't been great all the time but not bad same with responde time

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Very brief test done , but with my new router the lag seems gone. Chests and stoves came up instantly and i had zero lag when riding my :cc:

Top Bottom