It's BF3 time: K3 has a server!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
A gift from @animal66. He's given us a 3-month BF3 server for our enjoyment. Many thanks, Marc!

Server IP: 66.150.121.78
Interim Server Name: n00b friendly server |K3|

Let's get this server going!

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Here's the deal. So long as the server gets a reasonable amount of traffic, I will be happy to extend the lease on it beyond the initial 3 months. However, if it doesn't get traffic, I won't extend it. it's in your hands. Share it on facebook, put the word out, just get the word out there.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I probably won't be playing on it but wanted to say thank you for donating the server to the krew. I hope it gets and stays active. If so, i may consider buying the game at some point.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
That's not a problem. As I said to Wally the other day, it's my idea so I should put my money where my mouth is. I hope it stays active too, People sharing the server details on facebook might help.

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Thanks a lot for the server :)

everybody else has premium? as said on other thread i only owe vanila BF3 (no add on, no map pack)

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I too only own the vanilla BF3. Currently the server is only running the stock maps.

Feel free to request server changes.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Talking of maps, i've been on the server a few times, and each time it's the same map and game mode (conquest mode, bandar desert map). Might be something that needs looking at?

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
right now it requires all the dlc apparently,just bought aftermath and now it says i need Back to karkand.. i dunno how to but the config lineup might be change to reflect only stock maps /gamemodes.. i'm not sure i wanna keep buying packs,lol

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
So one can only play on the server by having ALL DLC and expansion? I might consider the game but no way would i buy the rest of it.

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
For what i know, server won't change the map, or the round won't start under 8 players...and if number of player decrease to less than 4, map restart. That can be changed to 1 by editing some file...but idk wich one.

I suggest that you look for information on how to configurate the server on internet regarding wich server provider u have. I guess u can edit most of the setting from an admin panel from the provider or a text file or idk

about setting
Map rotation: Caspian Border, Firestorm, Kharg island, Noshahr Canal, Metro, Seine crossing, Tehran Higway.
Bazar turns in spawntrap 2/3 time, and Davamand Peak is good only in rush mode
GT: Conquest/Conquest Large
Tickets: 250

I guess you have options to tweak somewhere to remove DLC's from the server. F.e.server was on firestorm, and i couldn't join, it says that it requires aftermath...Oo

One of the fav and most populated server i play on BF3 has this setting (player 32/32 all day long til 3am generally)
  • ONLY SQUAD LEADER SPAWN Off
  • TEAM TICKET COUNT %250 our 100
  • # OF TK BEFORE PLAYER IS KICKED 3 our 5
  • BULLET DAMAGE MODIFIER IN %100
  • SHOW MINIMAP On
  • SHOW HUD On
  • VEHICLES On
  • REGENERATIVE HEALTH On
  • KILL CAM On
  • USE MINIMAP SPOTTING On
  • VEHICLE RESPAWN DELAY %100 our 1
  • PLAYER HEALTH IN %100
  • PLAYER MAN DOWN TIME IN %100
  • FRIENDLY FIRE Off
  • USE 3D SPOTTING On
  • 3P VEHICLE CAM On
  • KICK IDLE PLAYER AFTER SECONDS 0
  • TEAM BALANCE On
  • BAN PLAYER AFTER OF KICKS 0
  • PLAYER RESPAWN TIME IN %100
  • SHOW ENEMY NAME TAGS On
Avoiding planes and helo in the first time would be good as we plan to welcome noobs...nothing is more frustrated in this game that being raped by a pro chopper pilot. So i would go with small conquest version of the map.

Maybe this could help -> http://wiki.multiplay.co.uk/BF3_SERVER_OPTIONS

Last edited:

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I'll make the suggested changes tonight. Just need an hour's worth of free time.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
When you're bleeding out and needing a defib, Bred nades you.

Let me know when or if the server accepts people with the stock game.

Top Bottom