To HP or HP

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
So i just got a brand new HP pavilion 550-127c...there was also an HP 550 similar model,same price
one was AMD driven with amd r7 graphics and the other one was i5 cpu with integrated otherwise pretty much the same ..wondering if i made the right choice...this is mainly for work but my inner geek won through and made me get the one with seemingly better graphics..is the amd cpu a good chip? or should i exchange for the intel driven one?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/45014199?...9566072&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=130447252832&veh=sem this is the intel one

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758947 this is the one i got but it has amd r7 graphics

I'm not planning to game or anything (hopefully) this is just for work but like i said my inner gamer came out oh there was an acer for 100 dollars more and some dells for 50 dollars more, acer had i7..the costco return policy is pretty damn good so if it came down to it i could exchange pretty easily

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
I'm an AMD fanboy. there are lots of people out there who will tell you AMD sucks, but most of them can't tell you why. Personally, i think you've made the right choice, If the Intel is faster it's only going to be a few milliseconds or so, not enough to make a huge difference.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
phew! thanks i feel a lot better...:) dude i stared at the 4 of them for about 30 minutes trying to decide :K
[DOUBLEPOST=1442002021,1441992302][/DOUBLEPOST]:lmao: soooo setting up the comp..right out of the box.... instantly McAfee says "we have quarrantined a trojan" wtf

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Freaking McAfee. I uninstalled that shit on my cousin's laptop just this morning.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Take a dump in a box and send it to Mcafee with a note saying "This is what i think of your product"

And get Mcafee off that machine right now

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
If primarily a work machine AMD was probably the better choice(plus the added benefit of a lower TDP). Very nice men.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
By any chance was it OneDrive? I dealt with a brand new laptop yesterday and the pre-installed OneDrive with 10 got flagged as a Trojan.

Bitdefender has a good featherweight free antivirus. Of all the free AVs I have tested, it impacts the system the least; you don't even know it's there.

Take a dump in a box and send it to Mcafee
I'll contribute :K

Last edited:

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Generic.grp!lx thats what it quarrantined
[DOUBLEPOST=1442013784,1442012666][/DOUBLEPOST]wow..crazy vibration and noise coming from cd drive ..the tray is super flimsy ..dunno man...upload video soon
[DOUBLEPOST=1442014459][/DOUBLEPOST]

ugh this cant be normal..returning this bitch tonight

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Take a dump in a box and send it to Mcafee with a note saying "This is what i think of your product"

And get Mcafee off that machine right now
I've been using McAfee for 2 years. No major problems with it really.
Main reason I haven't uninstalled it is because I really don't feel like investing in a new one... Fuck that shit.

Top Bottom