Interstellar Digital HD code (may not work)

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
The movie came with one code for three different platforms. I already redeemed the UV which may or may not have invalidated the other two. It's not supposed to, but it might have.

Anyways, the code can be redeemed (hopefully) on either iTunes or Google play (perhaps both)

The code is for the HD version of the film. Post here if interested and i'll pick a winner with a random # generator if there is more than one person who wants it. USA only.

Please only post if you will actually use the code and watch the movie.

Last edited:

PR3C1Z10N

Sergeant
|K3| Member
I've watched it three times, so I'll probably buy the dvd when it comes out. I have the special edition music...it's great, and it comes with a full digital download too.
231e7a3141609be82da8d1b867c31a96

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I WANT IT!!!! This movie is super bad ass!

Wait, maybe I should say this movie sucks monkey balls so no one else requests it XD

Nate

K3's Caribbean dude
|K3| Moderator
|K3| Media Team
meeeee! wally is undeserving for his scheming methods of winning! lol. More than likely Id prbly not be eligible for this, may be region blocked.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I've watched it three times, so I'll probably buy the dvd when it comes out. I have the special edition music...it's great, and it comes with a full digital download too.
231e7a3141609be82da8d1b867c31a96

The Blu-ray came out on the 31st. The Wal-mart exclusive Neopack has been sold out for days, but you might be able to find one of the Target exclusive steelbooks if you're lucky. There are only two stores within 70 miles of me that still have stock on the Steel. They also upped the price back to $24.99. I got mine for $19.99.

A LOT of people scalped these, which made them even harder to grab. Many, many people bought 10 or 20 of them to flip on Ebay or grab cells and then sell the rest. Wish stores would limit sales to two per person, per day or something. I got the last steel @ my Target.

Jump on the regular BD ASAP so you can have a shot of grabbing one of the 70mm film cells.

Here is the film cell i got. Some of them are selling on Ebay for $200+. Many others have sold in the $50-100 range.

61d017bf-9997-4de6-95d2-37f0f9219841_zpscnfuip5l.jpg~original

[DOUBLEPOST=1428450166,1428449683][/DOUBLEPOST]
meeeee! wally is undeserving for his scheming methods of winning! lol. More than likely Id prbly not be eligible for this, may be region blocked.

Sorry, USA only per the insert. Some people report success with a proxy, but I'm just going to stick with USA. Although, if the winner redeems on iTunes, i will give the code away to a second person in hopes they can redeem on Google play. I think Google play invalidates the iTunes, but the reverse may not be true.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Pretty neat! I was wondering what the heck you were talking about the other day when you mentioned cell. Are they like a 1-shot kinda thing? Where no one else has that picture?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Pretty neat! I was wondering what the heck you were talking about the other day when you mentioned cell. Are they like a 1-shot kinda thing? Where no one else has that picture?

Yes, each shot is unique. They are taken from the actual IMAX film negative/print (w/e it's called). There will be people who get cell's that are nearly identical though because they are one or two frames before/after another. Some people who bought multiple Steelbooks @ Target reported getting many 'duplicates.'

But yeah, they are really cool. When they first came out i wasn't too keen on them, but after caving and grabbing the steel, they are really pretty nice. Too bad the cover art on the steelbook has a photo shopped image of Matthew M. :re: It's still pretty nice though.

You should still be able to get one if you grab the regular Blu-ray. I think it's going for $19.96.

null

and void
|K3| Member
If you're going for the iTunes > Google Play scheme, I'd like to put my card in: I deal almost exclusively through iTunes on digital media, and am curious whether the code will remain valid in addition. If my card is drawn & the scheme doesn't work, I'd be willing to fund the would-be Google Play redeemer for taking part in the experiment (by sending $14.99 in bitcoin, for example).

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
If you're going for the iTunes > Google Play scheme, I'd like to put my card in: I deal almost exclusively through iTunes on digital media, and am curious whether the code will remain valid in addition. If my card is drawn & the scheme doesn't work, I'd be willing to fund the would-be Google Play redeemer for taking part in the experiment (by sending $14.99 in bitcoin, for example).

You can just buy the entire movie for $19. You'll get the codes, the BD, DVD and a bonus disc , along with a film cell.

null

and void
|K3| Member
You can just buy the entire movie for $19.

True, but I'm not interested in the physical copy and there's something interesting to learn about the way different marketplaces talk about codes. At the same time, I didn't want to shaft someone (were my card picked) because the scheme went poorly - hence the offer of funds.

giphy.gif

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
True, but I'm not interested in the physical copy

:fry:

So far we have:

1. Wally
2. Null
3. Nate (in line to try Google play once iTunes is (hopefully) Redeemed.

So, a 50/50 shot between Null and Wally. I'll do the draw in a few hours.
[DOUBLEPOST=1428532360,1428524626][/DOUBLEPOST]We have a winner!

@null , i will PM you a picture of the code sheet in a cpl mins. I really hope it works!

@WaLLy , :neener:

@Nate , i will pm you the same picture so you can try your luck on Google play.

Screenshot%202015-04-08%2015.28.47.jpg

null

and void
|K3| Member
Thank you, @DamageINC - iTunes redemption was a success!

@Nate From the look of the image, I have a positive feeling about Google Play. Give 'er a go! (Btw, if the Google marketplace complains about your region you might try redeeming through the URL mentioned on the flyer).

null

and void
|K3| Member
Well chaps I was able to pick up a steelbook this evening. @DamageINC So if I'm looking at this properly, someone can redeem both the UV and digital copies using the included code? If so I'll send the code to @WaLLy for UV and @Nate for attempt 2 on Google Play.

Also, you'll have to let me know whether this is a good cell? Looks to be Matt Damon doing something spacey. A quick scan of ebay suggests that it's at least interesting enough to get a few offers:
NnB13OZ.png

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Aaaaah gotcha! I'll be MIA for a week or so. Feel free to hand it out to someone else if they'd like. I may end up buying one of these :thinking:

null

and void
|K3| Member
Cheers - I'll pass it on then. I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you do pick one up: It's very cool little kit.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
@WaLLy ; UV is Ultraviolet. It's a little confusing, but you can redeem the UV code to be watched on services like VUDU (which i highly prefer) or Flixxster (which i don't like). VUDU streams in SD, HD (720) and HDX (1080p) depending on your bandwidth. The quality is really quite good. You can stream via your phone, tablet, Ps3/4, xbox, or anything with the ability to stream and download the app. UV does have movies independent of VUDU etc. but most redeem in VUDU/Flixxster.

You can also just buy or rent movies via VUDU etc. , but they are pricey. In other words, it's a digital media service like iTunes, etc.

@null ; That's a nice cell! I'm not sure what the value would be, but I'm sure it would sell on Ebay. The movie was shot in two different aspect ratios. The full screen shots are the most sought after, which is what you received.

From what I've read on the BD forum, if you redeem the digital first it will invalidate the code for the other platforms. Make sure to redeem on UV first and then the code should work on iTunes or Google play (although I can't be definitive on Play as only iTunes was tested)

You can also sell the steelbook on Ebay minus the code/film cell. You should easily be able to profit by selling them separately. Just be careful with that steel. People are very anal about their condition. They dent and scratch easily.

Looking at that cell again , it's really a great shot. Movie spoiler ahead.
It's right before Matt Damon blows himself up in the airlock.

I'm jealous!

Last edited:
Top Bottom