I got $17k to burn. Look what I'm buying

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Some may or may not have heard, but Apple has announced pricing on their new smartwatches. And since I got money to burn, why not go all out and get a $17,000 smartwatch?

38mm 18-Karat Yellow Gold Case with Bright Red Modern Buckle
2k8sKiS.jpg

Status symbol to the max!

But I'm really kidding. I wouldn't buy that one unless I was pooping money and it wasn't yellow gold.

What I'm shooting for is the modest $699 sibling XD
SkM0kz6.jpg

But, I wouldn't mind this other one at $399
rcmhMLQ.jpg

S8INpYX.gif

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Bands that cost $449? I'm sorry Apple, your head is too far up your own butt to ever come out.

Honestly, though, besides looking nice, what does it do?

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Bands that cost $449? I'm sorry Apple, your head is too far up your own butt to ever come out.

It saves you the five seconds it takes to reach in your pocket, pull out your $700 phone and look up the exact same stuff?

It's new, shiny and boy does it look cool!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive

Nothing a Moto360, Lg watch can't do.

The expensive bands is the reason I may go with the sports watch. I'm sure there'll be Chinese knockoffs of the same thing so I may just get a knockoff. We'll see.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Wait... so ALL of the watches do to exact same thing and the pricing is based on the part that attaches it to your wrist?

I'm not really into smart watches unless you count the Razer Nabu, but even then meh. And even if I wanted one I wouldn't spend more than $50, let alone half the price of a smart phone...

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
I'm just getting the 'Sport' one, yet to decide 38 or 42mm.. Who has an Apple case on their iPhone? No one, for most people way too expensive and not the best in my eyes either. No one will have the standard Watch band on their watch in a couple months.
Can only imagine what 3rd party companies will create for the Watch.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I currently have one of these http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/ipod-nano-watch-6-pics-video Spent about $200 IIRC. What do I use it for? Just to tell me time. I'd rather leave my phone in my pocket and use that to tell me time. I've had it 3 years or so. Is it a waste of money where I coulda went the inexpensive route? Maybe. But there are some things where my preference comes into play. If I like it, why not buy it?

The things the Apple Watch will do are all added bonuses to me.

@Titoezz I have the red Apple case on my iPhone.

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I have the original Pebble watch and I think its pretty amazing, but I can't imagine having a non E-Ink display smart watch because of that battery. I feel like I would have to charge it constantly

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I have the original Pebble watch and I think its pretty amazing, but I can't imagine having a non E-Ink display smart watch because of that battery. I feel like I would have to charge it constantly

Well, Apple says it has 18 hours of battery life. I'm guessing that's idle time, meaning without using it. With use it'll probably give you 14 hours.

The way I see it, If I have to worry about my watch dying just because it gives me notifications from my phone then I can just use a normal watch and use my iPhone to do the same thing.

Not to mention I live in Philly. I wouldn't want to advertise that I have the money to buy this kind of thing. That's what get's you jumped around here. And I'm usually carrying my Macbook while I go to school anyway.

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Not to mention I live in Philly. I wouldn't want to advertise that I have the money to buy this kind of thing. That's what get's you jumped around here. And I'm usually carrying my Macbook while I go to school anyway.

Just tell them that the watch is so full of money pow that it shoots lasers and you're not afraid to use it :da:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I can tell time just by looking at the position of the sun. Doesn't cost me shit and my battery never dies.

miniCyb3r

Slave to nothing.
|K3| Member

What part of Philly?

Top Bottom