• Yes

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Not really / Something bothers me

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
The title pretty much covers it, the question is as simple and, at the same time, as intricate as it is: do you personally think that you are happy with your life?
Your vote will not be displayed publicly, although everyone is welcome to comment :)

Garycheese

The Bringer Of Cheese
|K3| Member
I would say yes. I don't really have anything that i want to change and can't think of anything that is bothering me. But i am just a happy person.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I am happy with my life.

The way you phrase this question willl have a big impact on your results.

For instance, had you not said "do you personally think are you happy with your life?" I would have said "no."

At certain points in my life I didn't even consider that I view myself as FEELING happy or unhappy. I either felt happy or unhappy.

Now I "consider" myself to feel happy or unhappy.

That is just one example.

Deep, dude.

null

and void
|K3| Member
Another issue is that your question frames one's life as a single set rather than discrete aspects (also, what is one's "life?"). So, for example, there may be several areas of my life which I am not happy with and several that I am. Since we're making a non-discretized judgement, the question then becomes which of these areas is the most personally prominent? Also: does it make sense for a person to be uniformly happy vs. uniformly unhappy? Should we even try to attain something like that?

Overall I'd say that I am happy.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
For me,I realize there are terrible things in the world but the fact that the cosmos exists,matter holds together,the conditions for life exist on this planet and we have the miracle of consciousness amazes me so much that I can't help but thank creation for the chance to experience life. No matter the ups and downs which our society tends to bitch about but all in all we are all fortunate to be alive and living in relative safety compared to a lot of the world.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Another issue is that your question frames one's life as a single set rather than discrete aspects (also, what is one's "life?"). So, for example, there may be several areas of my life which I am not happy with and several that I am. Since we're making a non-discretized judgement, the question then becomes which of these areas is the most personally prominent? Also: does it make sense for a person to be uniformly happy vs. uniformly unhappy? Should we even try to attain something like that?

Overall I'd say that I am happy.

I see. The question was meant to be a very general one, without going deep into details and areas.

null

and void
|K3| Member
For me,I realize there are terrible things in the world but the fact that the cosmos exists,matter holds together,the conditions for life exist on this planet and we have the miracle of consciousness amazes me so much that I can't help but thank creation for the chance to experience life.

"The surface of the Earth is the shore of the cosmic ocean. On this shore, we've learned most of what we know. Recently, we've waded a little way out, maybe ankle-deep, and the water seems inviting. Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."
- Carl Sagan​

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
XFldBbY.jpg

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
I voted no. I´m getting a bit personal right now but I´m a bit drunk so f*** it.

I´m currently not very happy with college. I have tests next week and in two weeks. I can´t concentrate on anything because too much is going on in my head right now. Mostly because of family stuff that I am really worried about and because of stuff, that does affect myself emotionally. I´m seeing someone and it´s really complicated. I´m not sure what I want or how things will turn out...I´m also having issues with sleeping and I am at a point in my life where I question everything I do. It feels a bit like I´m falling down in a deep black hole...well whatever. Guess I just had to get rid of some stuff blablabla. So...I´m happy in several aspects, e.g. with my relationships with friends, with getting to know a person here in the Krew who is very important to. People who are almost family to me and who support me no matter what. But also unhappy with the things I just said. Ugh...I don´t even know if that makes any sense lol...

Lonsense

#Nonsense
Former Krew Member
I'm relatively happy, have a good uni to go to next year and I just have to work hard for it which shouldn't be too bad :)

null

and void
|K3| Member
I voted no.

Good luck, Jana. I'm not sure if you were interested in any response, especially from a stranger; and I certainly do not presume any sage wisdom or advice. Nevertheless, I sympathize with what you've written. Even with all the support in the world, there are times in life when we simply cannot know what's ahead or where we'll end up: to find out we have to live it. Of course that's terrifying. Yet I am reminded of something Winston Churchill is supposed to have said: "If you're going through hell, keep going."

So good luck to you, Jana, as you discover what's waiting for you on the other end.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
i got dominos pizza so yes
[DOUBLEPOST=1421549641][/DOUBLEPOST]
I voted no. I´m getting a bit personal right now but I´m a bit drunk so f*** it.

I´m currently not very happy with college. I have tests next week and in two weeks. I can´t concentrate on anything because too much is going on in my head right now. Mostly because of family stuff that I am really worried about and because of stuff, that does affect myself emotionally. I´m seeing someone and it´s really complicated. I´m not sure what I want or how things will turn out...I´m also having issues with sleeping and I am at a point in my life where I question everything I do. It feels a bit like I´m falling down in a deep black hole...well whatever. Guess I just had to get rid of some stuff blablabla. So...I´m happy in several aspects, e.g. with my relationships with friends, with getting to know a person here in the Krew who is very important to. People who are almost family to me and who support me no matter what. But also unhappy with the things I just said. Ugh...I don´t even know if that makes any sense lol...
i dont mean to undermine everything u wrote here but im drunk too and i just gotta say...

pizza solves evryting

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
@Jana

I been there. Believe me.

But I think you are happy with yourself. You know that you're a good person. Is your life perfect? No.

Would you want it to be?

Part of what has made you and is going to continue making you such a good person is all the SHIT you go through. And the fact that you question everything you do........

That's something everyone SHOULD do.

Be proud that you are you.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
I voted no. Although for the most part my life is pretty cool, there are issues. Because of my childrens autism, we haven't been out as a family for a good 3-4 months now. Thankfully myself and the wife were able to get a night out last month. I also have issues with being able to stay asleep (I average about 4 hours a night). I also haven't spoken to my mother for 4 months because of her attitude towards my 2 eldest daughters and her great grand daughter. And my excess weight isn't falling off as fast as i would like. I know my life is a heck of a lot better than a lot of peoples, at least i have a roof over my head, hot meals and money in the bank, and i'm thankful for that, I just need the rest of my issues to be resolved, and then things would be awesome.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team

I have to say, after re-reading your post when sober I am deeply sorry for my post last night.

I hope your circumstances change soon, and you become happier. Nobody is ever 100% happy, but we are all trying. Me and the krew are always there for you.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
No worries, mate :) I actually thought it was funny :D
And thanks for the heads up :)

PR3C1Z10N

Sergeant
|K3| Member
I'm happy.

In Boethius' Consolation of Philosophy, He claims that although man seeks after happiness, he doesn't just want temporary happiness. Happiness is the highest good in mens eyes. Most things we do are done to make us happier. If I became rich for a day, I would feel happy for a day. The next day I wouldn't. The catch, Boethius says, is that man wants self-sufficiency. The power to be able to continue in whatever state he chooses.

One of the richest men in the world, Adolf Merckle (a billionaire), killed himself in 2009. He had the power to buy anything he wished, yet he lacked fulfillment. Why did he do it? Because he had lost a couple hundred million (chump change for him). He couldn't remain self-sufficient. The thought of losing his fortune made him realize that even though he still had millions of millions, he was missing something.

Boethius goes on to claim that God is the highest good. God is also the one being who is self-sufficient. God's essence is his existence and vice versa. Therefore, happiness can only be found in God.

Top Bottom