It's about that time...

PR3C1Z10N

Sergeant
|K3| Member
To not be sick anymore. (Sorry guys, couldn't resist). For the last 3 years. or so, I've had pneumonia type illness during the cold, winter months. After the antibiotic treatments, I usually get some secondary sickness. Since November of last year I had pneumonia, then a cold, then influenza, and pneumonia again.

Do you guys have favorite routines to support the immune system, and heal it after antibiotics? Good probiotic recommendations?

mousquet

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
OXOLIN ointment - the best precaution against flu and other similar viruses. Also I eat citrus fruits every day in winter.
Dont be sick!

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
OXOLIN ointment - the best precaution against flu and other similar viruses. Also I eat citrus fruits every day in winter.
Dont be sick!
I tend to follow the advice of Golihtly view that Russia they wait the winter to swim;) outside

Sabali_2

IT-support guy
|K3| Member
Antibiotics are measured to destroy your own immune system. Why would anyone in their right mind use them? I've never used them, yet it sucks when you get sick, but at least your own immune system won't be compromised. Drink lot of hot drinks; roiboos, green tea, camomille and especially honey has been proven to help much better than any antibiotics known to man.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/natu...otics-defense-zm0z13djzsor.aspx#axzz3O46jjkTH

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
Antibiotics are measured to destroy your own immune system. Why would anyone in their right mind use them? I've never used them, yet it sucks when you get sick, but at least your own immune system won't be compromised. Drink lot of hot drinks; roiboos, green tea, camomille and especially honey has been proven to help much better than any antibiotics known to man.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/natu...otics-defense-zm0z13djzsor.aspx#axzz3O46jjkTH
"Antibiotics have particularly provided effective treatments for most major bacterial infectious diseases. Combined vaccination they have made largely disappear with major epidemic diseases, at least in developed countries: tuberculosis, plague, leprosy, typhus, typhoid fever ... They are also used in cholera cases in addition to rehydration sick"
wikipedia
for yu i forgett yu understand french :http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibiotique

Sabali_2

IT-support guy
|K3| Member
"Antibiotics have particularly provided effective treatments for most major bacterial infectious diseases. Combined vaccination they have made largely disappear with major epidemic diseases, at least in developed countries: tuberculosis, plague, leprosy, typhus, typhoid fever ... They are also used in cholera cases in addition to rehydration sick"
wikipedia
for yu i forgett yu understand french :http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibiotique

Antibiotics are important drugs. It would be difficult to overstate the benefit penicillin and other antibiotics have played in treating bacterial infections, preventing the spread of disease and minimizing serious complications of disease.

But there is also a problem with antibiotic medications. Drugs that used to be standard treatments for bacterial infections are now less effective or don't work at all. When an antibiotic drug no longer has an effect on a certain strain of bacteria, those bacteria are said to be antibiotic resistant.

The overuse and misuse of antibiotics are key factors contributing to antibiotic resistance. The general public, doctors and hospitals all play a role in ensuring proper use of the drugs and minimizing the development of antibiotic resistance.

The overuse of antibiotics — especially taking antibiotics even when they're not the appropriate treatment — promotes antibiotic resistance. Antibiotics treat bacterial infections but not viral infections. For example, an antibiotic is an appropriate treatment for strep throat, which is caused by the bacterium Streptococcus pyogenes. It's not, however, the right treatment for most sore throats, which are caused by viruses.

If you take an antibiotic when you actually have a viral infection, the antibiotic is still attacking bacteria in your body — bacteria that are either beneficial or at least not causing disease. This misdirected treatment can then promote antibiotic-resistant properties in harmless bacteria that can be shared with other bacteria.

Common viral infections that do not benefit from antibiotic treatment include:

• Cold
  • Flu (influenza)
  • Bronchitis
  • Most coughs
  • Most sore throats
  • Some ear infections
  • Some sinus infections
  • Stomach flu (viral gastroenteritis)

There are likely several factors contributing to overuse. When penicillin and other antibiotics were first introduced, they were perceived as wonder drugs because they worked quickly and with relatively few side effects. They seemed like an answer to all common illnesses.

Source: Mayo Clinic

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
Antibiotics are important drugs. It would be difficult to overstate the benefit penicillin and other antibiotics have played in treating bacterial infections, preventing the spread of disease and minimizing serious complications of disease.

But there is also a problem with antibiotic medications. Drugs that used to be standard treatments for bacterial infections are now less effective or don't work at all. When an antibiotic drug no longer has an effect on a certain strain of bacteria, those bacteria are said to be antibiotic resistant.

The overuse and misuse of antibiotics are key factors contributing to antibiotic resistance. The general public, doctors and hospitals all play a role in ensuring proper use of the drugs and minimizing the development of antibiotic resistance.

The overuse of antibiotics — especially taking antibiotics even when they're not the appropriate treatment — promotes antibiotic resistance. Antibiotics treat bacterial infections but not viral infections. For example, an antibiotic is an appropriate treatment for strep throat, which is caused by the bacterium Streptococcus pyogenes. It's not, however, the right treatment for most sore throats, which are caused by viruses.

If you take an antibiotic when you actually have a viral infection, the antibiotic is still attacking bacteria in your body — bacteria that are either beneficial or at least not causing disease. This misdirected treatment can then promote antibiotic-resistant properties in harmless bacteria that can be shared with other bacteria.

Common viral infections that do not benefit from antibiotic treatment include:

• Cold
  • Flu (influenza)
  • Bronchitis
  • Most coughs
  • Most sore throats
  • Some ear infections
  • Some sinus infections
  • Stomach flu (viral gastroenteritis)

There are likely several factors contributing to overuse. When penicillin and other antibiotics were first introduced, they were perceived as wonder drugs because they worked quickly and with relatively few side effects. They seemed like an answer to all common illnesses.

Source: Mayo Clinic
"The overuse and misuse of antibiotic" or any other substance ...
we agree I think

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Not to mention, in the United States, most of our food is full of Antibiotics and all sorts of other crap. I believe a lot of the stuff allowed in our food here is illegal in Europe. I have to wonder if that isn't yet another cause of resistant bacteria.

It's pretty scary to think about the junk they put into our food and how much the GVMT allows it to happen because their pockets are being lined. Big food spent tens of millions during the midterms to make sure the food labeling measure failed here in OR.

miniCyb3r

Slave to nothing.
|K3| Member
you must shit perfectly round shits.
Omgoodness. That's hilarious. In all seriousness 1-10 oz daily for however long you need it should eventually give you what you need to strengthen your immune system as well as other things.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
lots of fruit and vegetables. also being outdoors helps.. exercise..

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Exercise and hot showers ;)

The Flu season has been horrible, especially here in the Southern United States. I wish everyone good health.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Garlic

Most of my family was sick this holiday season. I started taking vitamins & garlic supplements as a preventative measure. When did I get sick? The one morning I was in a rush and I forgot to take them. At least it was a mild version of what everyone else had.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Emergen-c is good supplement. You just pour it into a small glass of water and it supplies you with a lot of Vit. C etc. Also, it's very cheap.

The best thing though is to eat a proper diet and stay active. This will do wonders for your body in a very short period of time. The difference in my blood work a mere 60 days after changing my diet and starting an exercise routine was incredible. One example: My triglyceride level fell by 77% in 60 days.

PR3C1Z10N

Sergeant
|K3| Member
Thanks for the tips!

Sabali, I share your view of antibiotics, and I wouldn't take them if I didn't have to. Apparently, in a few days, the pneumonia would have been bad enough to be hospitalized, so it was needed.

Now for something completely different. Sort of.

I hear people talking about antibiotics and GMO's as if they are the same thing, and that they are terrible. GMO's can actually prevent antibiotic resistance, blight, etc. I honestly wouldn't care if I was eating an apple that was really 3 types of apples squished together.

The best thing though is to eat a proper diet and stay active. This will do wonders for your body in a very short period of time. The difference in my blood work a mere 60 days after changing my diet and starting an exercise routine was incredible. One example: My triglyceride level fell by 77% in 60 days.

I eat well, and stay active. I'm naturally really thin though...so it's hard for me to put on muscle (especially upper body). I was exercising a lot before I got sick, but it takes a while for my lungs to be in condition to be exercised.

I think part of it might be vitamin D. I'm fine during the summer, but in the winter months (usually overcast here) I get sick. Time to stock up on some supplements.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I'm assuming you don't do any drugs.

If you do, don't.
They will kill your immune system.

This includes smoking weed.

After all the excellent and informative posts above this one,
I realize mine is sub-par

PR3C1Z10N

Sergeant
|K3| Member
I'm assuming you don't do any drugs.

If you do, don't.
They will kill your immune system.

This includes smoking weed.

After all the excellent and informative posts above this one,
I realize mine is sub-par

What are drugs? What's weed? XD

No, I don't do drugs.

Y()()() M()N

The Old Guy
|K3| Member
This is religious tradition in Russia to swim in ice river in the Day of Baptism of Jesus
looks cold,we canadian's do this too in the winter, i dont anymore. but ya they usually go into the water on the coldest day when it's -20c or something. the crazy nuts

Top Bottom