Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
This so that when the new server goes up, there will be new lands around the spawn area that will be accessible. This will create new resources for the players. I know that some of you don't want to delete your current progress on the world, but you have to think about how much you currently play. If you aren't currently active on the server, then what does that progress mean to you? Just consider that it will not be that difficult to get what you have back now. If the world does decide to be wiped and to start new, this will create a opportunity to unite as a community and overcome obstacles in the game. It will be super fun guys, lets make it happen!

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Dude, cmon.

I put in hours upon hours upon hours of work with another friend of mine building and collecting what i have. In order to retrieve it, i do not want to download a huge file and try to apply it to another world.

No, i don't play currently, but at some point i , along with my friend , will be back and i do not want to see everything I've worked for and done, gone. If you want to start fresh, play on your own world. In fact, i would actually be back playing now if the server wasn't so damn laggy.

Don't tell me it won't be difficult to get back what I've got. Absurd. I've got stacks upon stacks of diamonds that took me weeks to get.

The world is huge and it won't be that hard to go find a spot to build, especially since there won't be a lot of people playing.

Every time something like this comes up, people get all excited, ask for sweeping changes, and then less than a month later, the server goes dormant. I'm not going to see all of my work destroyed on whim.

Despite the fact that i have not played in a while, I've spent more time in that server than most, and built up quite a bit. It's not as easy as just uploading and downloading a file. That would be a huge pain for me and my friend who always play together.

A big no from me.

Last edited:

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
@DamageINC Yes i see what you are saying. But its all up to a vote, just like everything else in the krew. If people want to see change this is how they express it. I know that a few people will not be happy, but for the whole of the server i believe it will be the best thing to do. If we don't see a world wipe i don't know how many people that are actually interested in playing the server, to actually to play on it. And the stuff you have now isn't difficult to re-obtain. It is just time consuming. And also, you aren't really playing currently because of the lag. Well i don't see you trying to make pushes to get the server back up in running so that people can play it. You have hard work on the server, but all it is doing is sitting there dormant. Sure at some point you may want to come back and play, but that would have to be after the lag is gone. And the lag isn't going anyway unless we get support from anyone and get the server back up and active. Currently it is upto the vote, and i know you won't be happy about it, and probably hate me for doing this. But right now im trying to get something going that the community can once again reunite in. From the looks of my other thread, people are looking to start new. So the vote will be the decision.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Make pushes to get the server up and running? It's ALREADY up and running. I can't very well jump up and down on Wally and Kreubs nuts demanding they fix the lag, now can i?

People are always looking to start "new." That newness always wears out in a few weeks and nothing changes. Well, except for the fact that people like me lose hundreds of hours of work. If people have a real desire to play, they will play. If it takes a world wipe for them to be enticed, well, they probably aren't that interested to begin with.

I've already had to endure two or three worlds getting wiped out and losing ALL of my work. If it happens again, i'll just leave. Tired of seeing things torn down because someone gets giddy for a month. In the end, it's the players who put in the most time and work that lose.

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
@DamageINC What i mean by the server up and running is running efficiently without lag. I know you are passionate about your work but thats the name of the game. I have hundreds of hours into MW3, but i still deleted the game because i look for something new. Its upto the vote, and if you don't play but we get 8 new players to the server, it wouldn't be much of a loss. Not saying that you aren't worth it, but you have to look at the bigger picture. The community needs something right now, and i'm trying to make it work but you're making it difficult. I understand how you feel, but like i said, look at the bigger picture.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Who says a world wipe is up for vote? You guys can vote all you want, fine by me... But #MinecraftAdmin

I, like D, have weeks worth of diamonds. No, that is not easy to just get back. I also have my redstone contraptions, so yeah, not easy.

I have a non world wiping solution. Anyone who wants to start "fresh" gets tp-ed a few dozen kilometers away (a few hundred is also an option). Once you have a bed, it's no issue. I may be able permanently edit individual spawns though.

The world hasn't been generated more than a couple dozen kilometer radius off the spawn so being a few hundred away will be like being on a fresh new world with 100% 1.8 terrain features thanks to the world seed being interpreted differently under 1.8 instead of 1.7.

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
FUCK! I missed this thread! so my vote didn't go. I vote world wipe!

seeing that would not happen I have an option for you guys.

how about we clear the people who want to start over, move the spawn to a 1.8 generated world, HAVE ONLY ONE teleport comand blok set up to tp to the "older" area. So we both can do our thing.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
We can't have dual world anymore. A world is not strictly 1.7 just because it was created under 1.7. Since the server is 1.8, all brand new terrain will be 1.8. Being like 100 km away with a command block between the spawns should be enough.

Ok, so basically what you said but all in one world.

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
@Kreubs @DamageINC @WaLLy Can you begin to look into the server lag and getting to fix it? I know a few of us are quite excited for this launch. I understand if you cannot do it before the holidays, but lets get a plan together so we can begin the process of fixing this issue :D

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I am unsure why there is lag to begin with. The only thing running on the home server is Plex Media Server and a vanilla MC. When it was running B-Team, there was no lag, and I did not hear any complaints either. I have yet to touch the MC server but I will try my best to get on it tomorrow.

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
I tried to join the mc server yesterday, couldnt connect, not sure why. Last time i played on it though, i had to run for a pretty long time before finding some untouched land. A new spawn would be nice.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I tried to join the mc server yesterday, couldnt connect, not sure why. Last time i played on it though, i had to run for a pretty long time before finding some untouched land. A new spawn would be nice.

Probably because we are on 1.8.

The last time you played it was a completely different world.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
I've been sick as a dog for a few days now. I haven't forgotten, I just haven't had the chance.
No problem Walt. It seems like everyone is getting sick this holiday season :eek:
Hope you feel better!

I'm eager for a MC server mainly because I received a new laptop for Christmas and want to try it out haha.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The MC server is up but I don't see/feel any lag o_O. Seems to be running fine thus far the last 10 minutes I've been on it.

edit: for those that can't connect, you'll need to be on 1.8.1 in order to join.
[DOUBLEPOST=1419713946,1419713746][/DOUBLEPOST]@Kreubs the server is up so you can make the necessary changes. Let me know if there's something you need.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Sweet. I don't regularly have access to decentish internet, so it it be a couple days.

Top Bottom