PC is broken

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Here's what happened :
After some black screen crashes 1 while playing cod:aw,1 while cod4 and a couple of times just sitting there on the forum....then finally as it was sitting there,it decided to turn itself off ..then proceeded to try and turn itself back on over and over ..the lights coming on for half a second then off and back again until i pulled the plug..I removed the GPU and plugged it back in ,,same thing happened just turning on and off...I'm guessing it's my psu? any thoughts guru's?

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
My first guess would be the PSU, do you have a spare that you can try out?, that's what it sounds like to me

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
i have a few low power ones ...i may just take it to a guy in my neighborhood i found online ...I'm kinda over foolin with it but i'll give it a shot

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Your best shot would be to find a local big retailer where you can buy a PSU just to test. If it doesn't work, you can return it.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Good idea Wally, but even a low powered one should work if your not playing the game or anything intensive, maybe try that first?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Would probably be a good idea to post your problem in various tech forums, such as Toms hardware forum and others. You should get a lot of good feedback. If your PC recorded any event logs etc. you can include those.

Have you tried testing the RAM? Take all sticks out, boot, replace one stick etc. I'm not really sure on the proper set of steps, but it's worth a go, IMO.

Also, you can just Google. I did a quick search and found like a dozen or more threads like this at Toms hardware. Read through em all, should get lots of good info.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
yay...sort of reseating the ram helped a bit,now it turns on and stays on but now i have no image. I'll fool with it more tomorrow..thx dee!

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
yay...sort of reseating the ram helped a bit,now it turns on and stays on but now i have no image. I'll fool with it more tomorrow..thx dee!

Someone on Toms hardware had this problem, did the ram thing and then reported back they had no display on the monitor.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1946632/computer-turns-turns-repeatedly.html

If this thread doesn't help, at the bottom there are links to many similar threads. I bet you find a solution in one of them.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
:vh: back up and running..
apparently i believe it was the beta driver for my gpu,i hope..
after switching to a vga cable i was able to see what was on screen and did a system restore..
I noticed that it turned my gpu driver back a few permutations...
maybe it was a mistake to turn off the intel hd drivers (following some online tips)

things i also did: reseat ram,reseat and clean gpu,reset bios (removing battery)

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
You didn't roll back your driver(s)? :slap:

Glad you figured it out though.

It probably did that when he did the system restore, I haven't updated mine for quite some time but if it works fine why mess with it!

Glad you got it going again Hibred, hope that was the issue!

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Yeah, i think I've updated my GPU drivers twice. The first update gave me all kinds of problems , so i rolled back. The second time (done a few weeks ag0) went fine.

Top Bottom