PS4....

RagingiHop

Corporal
|K3| Member
Hey, all recently I've been pondering the question to make a new purchase of a Play Station 4. i have now been running this through my head for about the past 4 days. i like what upcoming games it has coming out for it, but most of them are on PC Also. However before you go and say PC Master Race and blah blah... My Graphics Card in My Comp has now burnt the fan out on it, therefore it will only be a short time before my graphics card overheats and burns up. this is also another big factor because a new GPU cost about the same price for a low end one (Now in Days anyways). but i will still be here in the Krew and voicing opinions and so on in The TS when i have time, i will eventually replace the GPU but basically for now im going to say Fuck it and Go all Balls out and let this GPU Burn up. But Back to the PS4 i will be getting one and if any of you have one and want to play reply below.

Hugs of Rage.

RagingiHop

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Is it safe for the other components to let the GPU run that hot? Wouldn't it black or blue screen your system? I don't think i'd let my GPU run without a fan, but that's me.

Why not take it out, take it apart, clean it, see if you can fix the problem and/or check around to see if the fan is replaceable?

Also, i would say many decent GPU's would be half the cost of a ps4 unit. Then you have the cost of games on top of it.

Just some food for thought.

MR.N00B!

Corporal
|K3| Member
I have a PS4 ( and planning on getting an Xbone for the MCC) and it's pretty cool. But like Damage said you could get a pretty good GPU for the same price or less than a PS4. That's only if you want to stick to PC though.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
why not get an aftermarket cooler for your graphics card? A fraction of the cost of a ps4 or gpu. Plus a lot of times you can get PC copies of games on g2a for a little cheaper and what not(can always use a controller if you wanted to as well yo).

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
*posts about ps4 advice* .........
*gets PC advise* :rofl:

XD

I just thought i would point out some alternatives that might save him quite a bit of $$.

Even if you aren't able to repair the GPU with a cooler, you should still be able to sell it for something to someone who can refurb it. That could then go towards a new GPU.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Is it safe for the other components to let the GPU run that hot? Wouldn't it black or blue screen your system? I don't think i'd let my GPU run without a fan, but that's me.

Why not take it out, take it apart, clean it, see if you can fix the problem and/or check around to see if the fan is replaceable?

Also, i would say many decent GPU's would be half the cost of a ps4 unit. Then you have the cost of games on top of it.
Just some food for thought.
why not get an aftermarket cooler for your graphics card? A fraction of the cost of a ps4 or gpu. Plus a lot of times you can get PC copies of games on g2a for a little cheaper and what not(can always use a controller if you wanted to as well yo).
D and Preston are right.
A GTX 970 is $350 which shows that a decently high-end GPU is not too terribly expensive compared to a PS4. In fact, most are less than a PS4. An aftermarket cooler would be your best option. By all means do NOT let your GPU burn up. Depending on the way things are organized in your case, that much heat without proper dissipation could break something else. We're talking near boiling point at the GPU core.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
D and Preston are right.
A GTX 970 is $350 which shows that a decently high-end GPU is not too terribly expensive compared to a PS4. In fact, most are less than a PS4. An aftermarket cooler would be your best option. By all means do NOT let your GPU burn up. Depending on the way things are organized in your case, that much heat without dissipation could break something else. We're talking near boiling point at the GPU core.

I felt my GPU after running Crysis 3 maxed(lagged alot).

Even with the stock cooler(probably not the best, they're just sufficient enough to work) It gave me a 2nd degree burn. I couldn't imagine NOT having that on there!

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
111 F is nothing. Touch that all day long.
If you are saying Centigrade i'd ask if your GPU was boiling.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I'd go for whatever pleases you the most. Price shouldn't matter.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
:LOL:

Well I'm glad it was unplugged.[DOUBLEPOST=1415604688,1415578013][/DOUBLEPOST]So, back to topic. Does anyone here actually have a ps4?

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Me neither. But you can bet your Bunsen Burner that I'll get one when Kingdom Hearts III comes out

RagingiHop

Corporal
|K3| Member
Well ok bough the ps4 I wanted and it was the white destiny bundle the graphigraphics ar amazing! And the controllers are phenomenal. The only thing that bothered me was that they don't support flash drive connectivity anymore. :( but other than that. The upcoming games I'm excited for are GTA V FPS, The Crew, Tom Clancy's The Divison, Kingdom Hearts |||, and many more to come! ;) I will still be playing PC As well. Only because destiny is confusing af! Lol

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Glad you're enjoying it. GTA V should be pretty nice on PS4 in full HD.

Have fun.

Also, Target has a sale on right now. Buy two games, get one free.

Top Bottom