COD:AW 30% off

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
@WaLLy Its a super good deal, its through a streaming on twitch. It may only be a pre launch promotion which sucks.

PR3C1Z10N

Sergeant
|K3| Member
In my humble opinion, COD just keeps getting worse. Yes, the trailer looks epic, but then, anyone can make a trailer look good.
OK. Maybe not anyone, but add some fast camera tracking, helicopter crash, and some beat markers, and you have an awesome trailer. :)

Nate

K3's Caribbean dude
|K3| Moderator
|K3| Media Team
after cod4 there was a gradual dip, BO2 imo redeemed the series a bit, ghosts, mw3....sigh don't wanna talk about that. Advanced warfare...not sure i'd get it, since i already play titanfall a lot, but if a few peeps here get it, Id prbly buy it.

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
I told myself I wasn't going to grab this but I'm quite tempted. I've been playing MW2 again lately and I miss playing in general.

Anybody here play it yet and have an opinion?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Don't forget folks, for only $50 more you can get zombies mode with FIVE WHOLE MAPS. All for the low low price of only 50 bux! What a bargain!

The early reviews from players seem to be pretty good.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
It runs FAR better than ghosts..the maps are playable...the mechanics are weird but if you've played Titanfall you should be able to jump right in..I like the class system (it's just like Bo2 but 13 choices)...There are'nt many good gametypes that i like (no hardcore FFA,no gungame)...There is infected...So far the wep balance is good,nothing stands out as super yet,YET)....
The player models are much more visible against the surroundings than Ghosts,so thats good...I predict raging about roof dwellers..There's fov slider...graphics are nothing to complain about but nothing special either..You shoot ,people die...I had fun and expect to spend more time on it than Ghosts but maybe not as much as BO2..it will depend on how the community turns out,there was already a few crybabies,but all in all it seemed cool..I'm not bummed that i bought it

p.s. the connections were mostly good but one game had massive lag despite full bars on my ping-o-meter.. will keep y'all posted

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Here is the best written review from Amazon to this point. Maybe it'll help someone.

So another year and another Call of Duty game out. The key question is has the PC version improved? The answer is yes, by quite a substantial amount. The key question then becomes around gameplay but let me focus on the technical aspects first.

- Substantially improved graphics options (there is 20+ options to pick from). There is a FOV slider to assist people that get simulation sickness which will allow you to increase your FOV to 90. However this is capped in the single player campaign to around 70, therefore some people may only be able to play the campaign in short burst.

- The graphics fidelity is good but not what I would call 'top class', however it is a marked improvement over Ghost. The texture quality is decent, I have not encountered any screen tearing. If you look closely the game appears slightly glossy this is help to graphics appear of a higher quality. Keep in mind in the multiplayer campaign, frame rate is limited to 91 frames per second. Therefore people with high refresh monitors may have a substandard experience. A key tip is to turn off shadow caching etc and limit super sampling as this appears very resource intensive. This game appears to require a substantial amount of V-Ram to play at higher resolutions, so older cards may suffer. I have tested this game out on a Gtx 780 and I still cannot crank settings up to maximum, in fact I have to had to reduce some options to low or normal. I have read stories that the game has struggled on Gtx 500 and ATI 6000 series or less.

- No dedicated PC servers! I have given up on this, it appears there may be a hybrid solution using P2P and dedicated servers. This is a biggest irritant to me, since the game is based on a P2P service we have all the problems associated with this. There have been times where I have emptied a whole clip and died, where the kill cam shows I have not shot one bullet off. This is single handedly the biggest let down of the series.

In regards to the multiplayer, this does not play like Titanfall. I believe the Exo suits have provided additional depth to make the multiplayer dare I say it...fun. You are restricted to lateral movements, but you can do some neat things like boost down and secure the kill. I'm glad to say you do not have people spamming the boost option. The way I would recommend to use the boost feature is to boost in the fight, steady your aim and boost out for a quick get away. It is difficult to land perfect shots in the middle of flight. The overall movement is not as snappy compared to Black Ops 2 or not as sluggish as Cod Ghost. I feel the movement feels slightly laboured and I still have not found the correct mouse sensitivity.

Your Exo suits have auxiliary capabilities, where you can deploy a mobile shield (think riot shield), receive a speed boost, cloak and more. The one perk I do not like is the Stim perk, which you can activate prior to a fight and it enables very quick health regeneration. This reminds me of the juggernaut perk in the original Modern Warfare which was known as a 'noob' perk which provided players with extra health.

In regards to the perk system, this has been reworked which is similar to Black Ops 2 where a certain amount of points are required to be eared before you call in your kill streak. An interesting note is that you can actually improve the actual streak itself. For example the UAV drone can be upgraded to become cloaked, last longer etc, however you require more points. The overall structure of streaks feel balanced, and I have no been in one game where a kill streak shuts down the entire map.

Map design is good, the maps are not as sparse as the Call of Duty Ghost and are more dense. Due to having your Exo ability, the game is more vertical which provides you with various vantage points and multiple areas to access. This allows for fluid gameplay and you will often find yourself bunched with team mates which forces team work much more than prior Cod titles. Whilst you can still lone wolf, this is more difficult then in the past.

The weapons seem more satisfying, in the past it felt like you were shooting a nerf gun. However all gun sounds have been reworked and you do get a more satisfying sound when the gun fires. I also appreciate the hit effects and sounds when you have struck an enemy which makes the cue more clearer.

In regards to the single player campaign, this follows on from prior campaigns which is full of Michael Bay action sequences. The campaign is quite linear and you still will shoot, recover health and go on. However the key difference is you can use your suit which mixes up the gameplay opposed to the usual shoot and hide.

The story is over the top like usual, but nothing to take seriously. Kevin Spacey plays his role quite well but is a nice change from the usual bad guy Russians.

In conclusion this review may change, I believe the reviewers giving it 1-2 stars are being unfairly harsh, however it does not warrant 5 stars as there still is too many problems (no dedicated servers, texture quality can still improve). Therefore I believe this about 3.5 stars, definitely a move in the right direction but more work to do. I will update this review as I play more and more.

Nate

K3's Caribbean dude
|K3| Moderator
|K3| Media Team
This deal seemed sketchy, tried it still. I could file a paypal dispute if it wasn't legit. 43.1gb to download. Games these days

Top Bottom