Help Lola decide... WHAT TO F#$@#% BUY!!!!

Which new awesome new computer should Lola get?

• None at all (In case you think buying new pcs is a waste of $$)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple's iMac 21" - expensive one

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Apple's iMac 27" - prob. new one or.. previous to the new one

• Macbook Pro 15"? - middle price one

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Macbook Pro 13" - expensive one

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • DON'T YOU DARE BUY AN APPLE PC!!!!!! GET A WINDOWS PC (for the apple haters)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • I have no idea :D

• Get a gameboy....

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Lola

Caribbean Pirate
|K3| Member
POLL to @WaLLy @HIBred @Jooniko @Take @TheDude or anyone else who knows about apple's products.

Now, as you know my laptop is super messed up. I am in the buying process, decision-making, the "omg-i-dont-know-what-t0-buy-now-they-are-all-so-expensive-what-the-f@$-am-I-going-to-do" moment and so on. To get a new wonderful useful working perfect computer, I need to really think about it cause computers aren't that cheap anyway and I want a good one, or one that I feel very happy with. As you know I'm an apple guuurl, so... I wanted to ask.. which computer you guys recommend from APPLE... in where I can actually do work and play lots of shitty games I can get my hands into and do a bootcamp (install Windows in it) at the same time to play some games that I also want, but can't have cause I got mac and they are window's based (yay!). AND NO, I'm not buying a window's pc lol... soo....

I don't know, I need insight from the experts. I was first considering an iMac 21" the most expensive one, but then I thought.. why not a middle class Macbook Pro? I'm not into the iMac 27"s is tooooo way big for me. So, ANY SUGGESTIONS!?

In conclusion: I want... a... mac.... that is fast and fancy and can hold tons of games and work work work work docs. I don't know which one is the best.. help :)

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
I'd say the 13 inch cuz its more portable yet as good as the 15 inch and you can always use a monitor with like my boss does..he used to run his mb pro with multiple monitors with no problems..the 15 is massive if you take it with you everywhere..if you mean the 15 air then meh not so bad

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
All this inch talk ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In all seriousness I have no idea. I don't use Apple computers, but I have seen good things from the new 13" Pro.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Can we please keep the anti-Apple comments out of this thread. Lola asked for help in choosing HER next machine, one that SHE wants. If you don't have anything to contribute, please don't post, as they will be deleted by ME.

Thanks.

Lola

Caribbean Pirate
|K3| Member
Can we please keep the anti-Apple comments out of this thread. Lola asked for help in choosing HER next machine, one that SHE wants. If you don't have anything to contribute, please don't post, as they will be deleted by ME.

Thanks.
thannnnk youuuuu

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I got the late 2014 15 inch model. It's decent for gaming(for the few games I have that can go on mac atleast), powerful and portable.

I definitely recommend shelling out the $2500 if you can afford it and want something portable that is also a mac.

As for heat on this thing, the bit of metal between the top of the keyboard and the bottom of the screen get pretty hot, and the fans get loud when you're doing more hard core stuff(I accidently had Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design and Bridge open while playing Spec Ops: The Line, still got a decent fps though)

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
I'm going to get the new 21" "expensive" model this christmas or somewhere in early 2015. But that's what I want. If you're just going to leave it home and not take it anywhere I should go for the iMac aswell. If you want to know sbout preformance you gotta ask tito. But getting a new one will probably have good hardware anyway.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I'd go iMac unless you really need the portability of a laptop.
This. Should be an easy answer since you've already owned a laptop.

The next thing is just making up your mind about how big you want the screen.

I personally have a 17" and it's massive/heavy. If Apple would make a 17" Air, it would be perfect for my needs. If I didn't know about hackintoshing (not an easy thing to do), I would have a 27" iMac.

Just make sure to account for AppleCare and you're set!

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
The 21" iMac for sure unless you really need something portable. I got a 2011 21" iMac and it's still pretty fast(I did add an SSD and extra ram). If portable I would go with the 15" Mac Book Pro.

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Personally, I would go with either the 15" or 13" Pro purely because of the portability. I'm running on a mid-2009 13" Macbook Pro and I still love it.
(btw, I voted for the 15" Pro, but I sincerely wanted to vote for the Game Boy as well)
PC master race.
Game Boy Master Race

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
It's sad that over half of the votes say to get a PC...

They may not be elite gaming machines, but they are good computers. Still a bit overpriced, but that's to be expected with Apple. I just wish that more games could be ported over for Mac:/

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Yeah, these things do hold a lot of value. But definitely not as much as the price tag.

It's almost like Alienware PCs. You'll get great performance and everything, but you'll pay the extra $700-$1000 to get the name on there.

I personally wouldn't go with a Mac desktop right now. They're getting harder and harder to upgrade vital parts, such as RAM and HDDs(at least that's what I've heard). I could see myself getting a Mac Pro in the future (I think that's what the trash can one is called) just because you can get in and upgrade most of it. Not until I'm at least out of college though lol.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
There's no arguing that Mac is a stable platform. I think the reason that few games have been ported is because Mac is a closed platform. They charge this and that to develop. Do they still do annual fees? Stevo would know. The high price and the way the majority of Apple users I know personally tout their devices in ignorance of other technologies that preceded theirs have really turned me away from it all as a whole.

OT: When buying a computer, buy what works for you, and, most of all, what is comfortable for you.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Do they still do annual fees?

Yes they do. I believe it is $100 for using their Xcode program for iOS apps and the same price for the OSX Apps. Both are billed annually. You might be able to build the apps but you can't publish them. I'm not completely sure on that.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I though Xcode was free? I downloaded with no issue on a hackintosh VM.

Lola

Caribbean Pirate
|K3| Member
Wow guys

Thank you so much for giving me insight on this. I'm kind of a non expert on tech, means... I have. nooo idea about computers haha. So this is very helpful. I think the portability is very important but at the same think I do have an iPad which is my portable laptop for some things hehe now, the iMac sounds tempting as well.

What I do know is I don't want one super big. Like the 27" for example. I just don't want to get a PC in where i had the same issues as what I have now.. One that the keyboard doesn't work, that can't open certain programs when it wishes to, one that the mousepad goes insane all over the screen, or that won't turn on suddenly and so on. So if my current laptop does that then I'm scared another mac book would do the same. Maybe it went crazy and burnt lol

My pocket is ready to buy... Idk, I think most people have comment about a Mac book pro. But! Idk! Omg shahshajananejhh!!! I'm going crazy...

Ok I'm buying a game boy![DOUBLEPOST=1414188640][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm going to get the new 21" "expensive" model this christmas or somewhere in early 2015. But that's what I want. If you're just going to leave it home and not take it anywhere I should go for the iMac aswell. If you want to know sbout preformance you gotta ask tito. But getting a new one will probably have good hardware anyway.
I thought maybe the 21" was perfect. But they aren't as updated as the MacBooks so they will upgrade the 21" in mid 2015 right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom