Tesla Motors unveils the dual motor Model S

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Tesla Motors unveils the dual motor Model S.

Elon Musk teased his D car last week and finally unveiled it as a new dual-motor, all-wheel-drive version of the Tesla Model S sedan last night. The top of the line D model includes a 0 to 60 time of just 3.2 seconds. That’s faster than a Ferrari 458 Italia and the same as a Porsche 911 Turbo, making the D a supercar that’s capable of laps of terror. If you missed Tesla’s launch you can catch up in less than 15 minutes and hear why Musk thinks the D is "like having your own personal roller coaster."

MHxWhjQ.jpg

XEt5b56.jpg

jKBiLvd.jpg

RfBn8Ps.jpg

eLD0WPt.jpg

NSl4kV9.jpg

L5qO5bb.jpg

mI4aSAc.jpg

xFHtzBY.jpg

So, who wants the D?

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Whoever will own one will need to choose their words carefully when asking people if they want to take a ride.

PR3C1Z10N

Sergeant
|K3| Member
Oddly enough, there are not 1, not 2, but 3 tesla's in my neighborhood. And I live in a "middle class" neighborhood without a bunch of fancy cars. I rode in one, and it was pretty nice.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
It's not bad lookin..but a bit like any other import..like a Hyundai..but the tech is awesome..You would think that with the technology they offer that they would lean a bit more on the futuristic side to set themselves apart a bit .Still I would love to own one

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I don't understand what's so cool about it. Nothing new here imo...
  • Dual motor electric car with 4 wheel drive, which is also more efficient compared to just 1 motor 2 wheel drive since they can shift the power output with millisecond precision to achieve the most optimal setup all the time
  • autopilot that works and is smart (can drive on the road, watch for obstacles & avoid them, scan for speed limits and obey them, change lanes, park itself etc.)
  • consumer electric car that can go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.6 seconds

I wonder how good these cars would be in snow. lol

In the snow they should work great because of the 4 wheel drive and precise power shifting, but I'm not sure how they will work in arctic conditions since batteries tend to go bad and not work in extreme cold, though neither do petrol or diesel vehicles work 100% for that matter.

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
Only thing that may be new is the 0 to 60 mph in 3.6 seconds. The other two, vehicles have had in the past.

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Only thing that may be new is the 0 to 60 mph in 3.6 seconds. The other two, vehicles have had in the past.
Again, no.

Please list the vehicles that have the following features:
  • Dual motor fully electric vehicle with millisecond precision power shifting, which improves every aspect of the car. Efficiency, speed, traction, handling etc. No technical drawbacks at all, the efficiency gains even overcome the gained weight from the 2nd motor.
  • Autopilot that can can stay on the lane, scan for signs, adjust to traffic, park itself, detect soft soft & small objects.
  • gives visual, audible and tactic feedback of possible danger and will resist you from steering into danger.
As far as I know, there aren't other vehicles like this.

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
no? :orly: nah i'm not going to wast my time looking up stuff for you. You seam to be a pretty smart guy look them up yourself.

My point was that the ideas are not new and they have been done before. Tesla may be the only manufacture that has combined all of those features into one mass-produced vehicle, but as far as vehicles in the past that have had similar features yes there're out there.

Top Bottom