Middle Earth:Shadows Of Mordor.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Sadly, my PC can't run this, as it's requirements are insane, but is anyone else planning to get this or play it? It's out for PS4 and coming out in NOV for PS3, but from all of the reviews/comments on this game it looks like it's GOTY.

It features a nemesis system that's getting rave reviews. For example, if you get killed by an ORC, that ORC ranks up to Captain or w/e, along with any other ORC's or enemies that survived the fight. When you encounter him again, the ORC will talk smack to you saying he's already killed you etc.

I've also read that once you get revenge and kill (at least you thought) the ORC, sometimes you encounter them again later in the game.

Also, i read someone saying you can get revenge on enemies that have killed people on your friends list. I've watched some videos on Youtube and it looks awesome.

Wish i could play the damn game! :frustrated:

Requirements. HERE

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Holy cow, it looks good! Getting it now! Wish it was out for PS3 though :\

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Holy cow, it looks good! Getting it now! Wish it was out for PS3 though :\

:sy: I'm jealous. My CPU isn't good enough. :cry:

I hope the 35 gb download takes you two weeks!

Ps3 version will be out in Nov. Part of the games allure though is the amazing HD graphics, which PS3 won't come close to in comparison. Most games i wouldn't care, but this is one i would want on PC.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
My PC is newer then yours, maybe less than a year newer. What has helped me was the additional RAM I bought a few months ago. If I didn't have that, I'd be SOL.

Only reason why I wanted it on PS3 is because it's a little easier to navigate around on using a controller. Although I've played quite a few open world games on PC, it's annoying at first using a keyboard but I do get used to it.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
This game is DOPE!!!! The gameplay and ass kicking is a lot like Batman Arkham City, which I freaking loved.

Like most of the open world games I like to play, I don't do missions from the get-go. I go around checking out the area/world and opening a can of whoop-ass on anything I can. Helps me with upgrading the character easier thus helping me in the long run.

/me enjoys Strike From Above!

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
This game is DOPE!!!! The gameplay and ass kicking is a lot like Batman Arkham City, which I freaking loved.

Like most of the open world games I like to play, I don't do missions from the get-go. I go around checking out the area/world and opening a can of whoop-ass on anything I can. Helps me with upgrading the character easier thus helping me in the long run.

/me enjoys Strike From Above!

Yeah, I've heard a lot of people say the combat was similar to Batman. Have you experienced the nemesis system yet?

Wish i could play this :(

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
No, not really. I've spent about 4 hours (total) and I've barely done 2 missions.

I spend a great deal of time just kicking ass so I can upgrade the weapons.

I'll start playing missions the next hour I play since I've already maxed what I can upgrade.

Just this past hour, I got in a huge battle. I dunno how many I killed but it better be a whole lot since I got a 402 combo! Lol

miniCyb3r

Slave to nothing.
|K3| Member
I wish I could play this. But sadly this is one of those games where I won't stop playing once I start.

kRon1k

Alpha and Omega
|K3| Member
this is a beautiful game. textures on ultra @1080p are impressive. only played it for about 20 minutes, but Ill be back later and try to get in a few hours lol

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
What exactly about it makes it better than any other RPG?
w9xw1eA.jpg

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
What's up with The Lord of the Rings hobbit (dunno what it's called) coming out in this game?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
The game is based in the LOTR Universe.

The game takes place between the events of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings.[1] The family of Talion (voiced and motion captured by Troy Baker), a ranger of Gondor responsible for guarding the Black Gate of Mordor, is killed by Sauron's armies, but Talion is revived with "wraith-like abilities" and heads into Mordor to exact his revenge.[2] Mordor is not yet a barren wasteland in this story.[7] The player will encounterGollum (voiced by Liam O'Brien), discovering that Talion and Gollum have a lot in common.[5] Talion discovers that the wraith who revived him is Celebrimbor (voiced by Alastair Duncan), the greatest Elven smith master of the Second Age and the maker of the Rings of Power, who also seeks revenge against Sauron.

The story involves the Rings of Power, but the story is separate from The Lord of the Rings canon. The Monolith team is working with Middle-earth Enterprises, Peter Jackson, and the artists at the Weta Workshop to make sure that the settings, characters, and story align within canon.[1] Tolkien stated that, aside from Beren, dead men did not return to life in Middle-earth.[8] The beginning of the game is set during abandonment of the watch on the Black Gate, despite that watch ending some 1,300 years prior to the game's start date.[9]

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The game is based in the LOTR Universe.

The game takes place between the events of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings.[1] The family of Talion (voiced and motion captured by Troy Baker), a ranger of Gondor responsible for guarding the Black Gate of Mordor, is killed by Sauron's armies, but Talion is revived with "wraith-like abilities" and heads into Mordor to exact his revenge.[2] Mordor is not yet a barren wasteland in this story.[7] The player will encounterGollum (voiced by Liam O'Brien), discovering that Talion and Gollum have a lot in common.[5] Talion discovers that the wraith who revived him is Celebrimbor (voiced by Alastair Duncan), the greatest Elven smith master of the Second Age and the maker of the Rings of Power, who also seeks revenge against Sauron.

The story involves the Rings of Power, but the story is separate from The Lord of the Rings canon. The Monolith team is working with Middle-earth Enterprises, Peter Jackson, and the artists at the Weta Workshop to make sure that the settings, characters, and story align within canon.[1] Tolkien stated that, aside from Beren, dead men did not return to life in Middle-earth.[8] The beginning of the game is set during abandonment of the watch on the Black Gate, despite that watch ending some 1,300 years prior to the game's start date.[9]
Didn't know since I'm not into LOTR XD

LFurMEh.gif

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
this game is so fun, i like riding the caragors
IKR! I'm at 25% and barely on mission 7 out of 20 or so. I've been doing side missions up the ying yang. Got my sword and dagger to level 4. The bow is at 2 or 3. I don't remember since I don't use it all that often.

A really good game!

Top Bottom