MS announces Windows 10

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Windows has been collecting data for ages now just saying lol And if people are worried about privacy, the internet is the wrong place for you my friend. Plus this is a test version that they offer, so obviously collecting data is crucial to optimizing their OS and working out the bugs before and actual release. Still a lot better then places like Facebook who collect your data to sale it to advertising companies, at least these guys take the data to improve their software.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Windows has been collecting data for ages now just saying lol And if people are worried about privacy, the internet is the wrong place for you my friend. Plus this is a test version that they offer, so obviously collecting data is crucial to optimizing their OS and working out the bugs before and actual release. Still a lot better then places like Facebook who collect your data to sale it to advertising companies, at least these guys take the data to improve their software.
Current retail versions of Windows do not collect such data, but it makes sense to collect data about how applications are run in an alpha. What company doesn't want free debugging information, especially for a new OS?

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Exactly.
They said they are skipping 9 because 10 is a round number and can better signify that Windows 10 is that last major Windows release.

Uhm, as in from now on, all Windows related release will be patchs/upgrades to Windows 10? I hope micro transaction isn't a factor for making W10 the last Windows release.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Uhm, as in from now on, all Windows related release will be patchs/upgrades to Windows 10? I hope micro transaction isn't a factor for making W10 the last Windows release.
Windows 10 is a completely separate release.

Deluxx3

The Stig
|K3| Member
Another reason to use OS X :K

on another note, a few more days for OS X Yosemite :gg:
E6mEhE1.jpg
Love the looks of Yosemite!

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I don't really understand what you (or Microsoft) mean by that?

• Windows 10 is it's own release, just like Windows 7 and Windows 8
  • Windows 10 will run on a vast array of devices, like Windows 8 but with different UI's (ie. desktop mode will have the start menu etc. and the tablet mode will use the fullscreen Modern UI applications and start screen)
  • Nobody has talked about microtransactions and I doubt they will be a part of the OS.
  • Rumor was that Windows 10 would be a free upgrade for Windows 8 users and cheap upgrade (~$30) for Windows 7 users

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
  • Windows 10 is it's own release, just like Windows 7 and Windows 8

In that case, when have any Windows been anything other that its own release? They're never release as a group or bundle...

And does anybody know what's this thing about W10 being the last Windows release?

Top Bottom