buying a pc

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I look for the most bang for my buck. I refuse to overspend for a brand name and have no allegiance except to the hardware/software that will perform the best for the money, which i place a high value on.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
I didn't. Can you show me?

you pay for it but you can go down to a 3.5 inch motherboard with intel or amd cpu's but they are mobile cpu's tho

http://www.logicsupply.com/d53427rke/

i found one of these on ebay, the next day i came up with a use for it but it had gone and now i can not find another one which is just my luck. it would have been great for a custom small build home file server as it had a pcie slot for raid card and every but now like i said i can not find anything like it with a pcie slot so thats that plan out the window for now (mini itx is just far to huge)

http://www.logicsupply.com/keex-2030/

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
This could be true depending on the card/driver, but, in terms of architecture, they aren't that much different. The workstation cards are loaded with fancy features that have number crunching in mind rather than pixel pumping, but they actually can hold their own in games.

They actually have been many times over, and they aren't too shabby at games either.
You're the first person that I ever hear claim that a workstation plays games well. Workstation and gaming video cards also contain different drivers, so no workstation cards are not meant for gaming. If someone is buying a workstation graphics card for gaming I feel sorry for you. Maybe for a gamer all this is not important, and you can all complain about the price because you don't even need this piece of hardware, but it's a pretty crucial piece of hardware for professionals who use it on a daily basis. Also the reason I say they should not be compared is because one card is meant for gaming, and the other is meant for workstation work, so unless you play games on your workstation at work all day then no these cards should not be compared in the gaming world.

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
You're the first person that I ever hear claim that a workstation plays games well. Workstation and gaming video cards also contain different drivers, so no workstation cards are not meant for gaming. If someone is buying a workstation graphics card for gaming I feel sorry for you. Maybe for a gamer all this is not important, and you can all complain about the price because you don't even need this piece of hardware, but it's a pretty crucial piece of hardware for professionals who use it on a daily basis. Also the reason I say they should not be compared is because one card is meant for gaming, and the other is meant for workstation work, so unless you play games on your workstation at work all day then no these cards should not be compared in the gaming world.
I never said they were meant for games. I know they have different drivers, I already said that. It takes an idiot to buy a workstation card to play games; they perform slightly less than top gaming models for 2-3 times the price.

:hijack:

Top Bottom