Ferguson protests.

Rexz >:)

Sergeant
|K3| Member
Police used tear gas against protesters in Ferguson more than two hours before the extended curfew was set to begin. Now the curfew is in force, and the officers are telling people who are angry over the killing of a teen by a cop to leave the streets. From what I've seen the police there got military grade equipment, so weird to see that sort of stuff going on in the US.

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
during some riots before (I have seen in the archives of American history) the maintenance of order in the usa is highly militarized, we must not forget that many people possess weapons

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
Lets not forget that the teen was also involved in a strong arm robbery and the "peaceful" protesters were throwing molotov cocktails at the police.

That being said, the police need to stop playing dress up and leave the big toys to the real soldiers who don't go on power trips when they get them.

I have also noticed that some people are trying to make this another Treyvon Martin case.

miniCyb3r

Slave to nothing.
|K3| Member
Lets also remember that a white cop killed a black kid. :eek: So therefore no matter what, it's automatically the cops fault. smh

mousquet

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
An example must be taken from Kiev. Tires add to the pile and burn, firebombs would be good. Should to have body armor, helmets, sticks with nails, the stage with the ever-prominent people. We must live broadcasts "Russia Today TV" from there to organize. For mr. Lavrov would be good to send the assistant manager woman there with a bag of cookies, let the peaceful demonstrators have snacks. And mr. Putin has to make a public statement that if the White House will prevent peaceful civil protests, Russia will punish the United States with sanctions.
What about "Double Standards" ?

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
Lets also remember that a white cop killed a black kid. :eek: So therefore no matter what, it's automatically the cops fault. smh
hi mini
I'm sorry not to be in agreement with you on this, the riots at Fergusson are not just made in that white police officers killed a black child, but rather the fact that in this city and in the area, police remained too white compared to the population, and one of these is regularly complained provocations, humiliations vexations of these officers;
which does not allow course to violent protests by the population because it is against productive for this they desire
I admire usa a young country and a dynamic exeptionnel but where we are, we find it hard to understand this enormous ambiguity: a black president and police racist (well for some in the region probably due to the remaining its own story) the problem is deeper!

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
As much as I don't want to say it, if a black cop had shot and killed a white kid, there wouldn't be this much uproar. There are double standards.

I'm not in any way acquitting the cop, as I don't know much about the whole incident. Lethal force is a last resort and should only be used when ABSOLUTELY necessary. Since I don't know the details, I can't determine whether or not it was needed.

America really needs to get its act together. As one of the leading powers, we need to buck up and stop being so stupid and so easily offended. While I've been attending Auburn University, I've learned that our students specifically are prone to weakness. People get offended at the slightest things, but since we're the majority, it doesn't happen all that often. It would be nice if people would just do as Miranda Lambert said, "Bite your lip and get a grip just to save a little face."

Snuck a country song reference in there. Go me :D

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
Shootings happen all the time in Chicago yet nobody ever hears about them because its usually black on black gang shootings. Apparently its only bad if a white person shoots a black person.

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
As much as I don't want to say it, if a black cop had shot and killed a white kid, there wouldn't be this much uproar. There are double standards.

I'm not in any way acquitting the cop, as I don't know much about the whole incident. Lethal force is a last resort and should only be used when ABSOLUTELY necessary. Since I don't know the details, I can't determine whether or not it was needed.

America really needs to get its act together. As one of the leading powers, we need to buck up and stop being so stupid and so easily offended. While I've been attending Auburn University, I've learned that our students specifically are prone to weakness. People get offended at the slightest things, but since we're the majority, it doesn't happen all that often. It would be nice if people would just do as Miranda Lambert said, "Bite your lip and get a grip just to save a little face."

Snuck a country song reference in there. Go me :D
fully agree with you when usa deserve much better

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
the situation is in no way funny but I find we get a straighter look at things from comedians.....who have much less political leanings than mainstream media

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
Shootings happen all the time in Chicago yet nobody ever hears about them because its usually black on black gang shootings. Apparently its only bad if a white person shoots a black person.
hi nikon
we must not forget the historical context of the region, chicago thugs are shooting each other in fergusson it is an official representative who kills a young black, it is not comparable .which does not mean that the police have deliberately killed the young, of course. you put a little bit in place of the weak and for me the vision I have is that the black population is still some segregation(racism) in those old southern states.
the fight for Equality failed and it is a great pity for usa

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
Take this from me having grown up in the Deep South. Racism still exists, yes. However, MOST people tend to keep it private. You won't ever see a person actively being persecuted for being of a certain race. Racism is between people of the same race in the South. We don't go out and see who we can terrorize just because of the color of their skin. It just doesn't work like that 99% of the time.

Murder is murder. There's no question. However, this entire riot doesn't need to be a race war. It's a matter of self-defense or not. The police officer has stated that he felt endangered by the boy that he shot. If a police officer feels so in danger that he is willing to draw his firearm and shoot someone, then 99.5% of the time, it's for legitimate reasons. Not all police officers are just however. As I've said earlier, I don't know all the facts, and therefore can't judge this situation. However, as with the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin incident, I defer to the judgement of a jury/police investigation. It isn't right for someone who doesn't have/know all the facts to start blindly saying one party or another was at fault. That is completely illogical as you are arguing from an emotional standpoint as opposed to one of reason and logic.

Riots are bad, whatever their cause. When you get upset about a potential breach in police code, the first thing you do is not go rob and loot stores. That shows that you are just as willing to break the law as the ones you claimed did. Protests must be peaceful and innocent, nothing more than people demonstrating their disagreement. It may work; it may not. But never stoop to the level of your opponent, even for a second.

Why do people not understand that? It baffles me that people don't see the lack of logic in their actions. This post has gone on long enough. I don't want to turn into @TheDude ;)

kRon1k

Alpha and Omega
|K3| Member
I'm amazed that law enforcement continues to threaten the media with arrest or worse. There was the now-infamous moment last night when a guy shooting video for a livestream was told by a cop pointing a rifle at him, "Get that light off or you're getting killed with this!" There's no circumstance under which a reporter should be threatened with bodily harm by law enforcement while covering a story. Did that cop not understand that he would immediately become the story, that the video would go viral in seconds? Do the cops who arrested the reporters from the Washington Post and Huffington Post last week have no command orders or training in how to handle the media?

Top Bottom