Minecraft Modded Server

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Basically what Rival said. It's an uber massive pack of mods that are all compatible with each other. Thing is, you need a legit account to play.

The only thing is that the new server will not be saving its progress like our current MC does and that's because we can't run a second McMyAdmin install; well, we can, it would just take some work. However, if Tekkit has plugins like Bukkit does, then I'm sure there's a save plugin, so we don't have to mess with McMyAdmin.

What do you mean we can't save progress? If by backup, then no without mcmyadmin or a plugin, then we won't have auto backup. Saving the world is a fundamental part of the MC server and is there no matter what mod/server version you use.

I think in order to play tekkit with a cracked launcher, you have to install all of the mods that the tekkit launcher handles completely by hand. I think it can reach up to a few dozen.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Buttload indeed. I don't feel like downloading all the separate mods manually and I don't think anyone else wants to do that either. :p

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Well, maybe after I finish my thesis, I can put a pack together for everyone. I don't know if tekkit modded out offline mode though. I can't any info on tekkit offline mode.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
I believe they did. You'll need a legit account to access anything in the TechnicLauncher

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
So i grabbed the tekkit server from the tekkit site, and it just looks like a normal server with forge. Mod installation with forge isn't too much of a pain.
Oh, and it does have offline mode too.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Does anyone actually want this besides Take?

I think a poll should be made.
Don't think it really needs one since the idea is to run 2 MC servers side-by-side. If one or the other needs to be axed, then we can have a poll.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I swear i won't love it because I'm not shelling out $20 for a game i haven't played in months.

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
But you will if we get it to work on our normal server, which might or might not happen, and if not. your loss.

miniCyb3r

Slave to nothing.
|K3| Member
It's actually $26. And seriously, why force people to play with mods? I just want to build my house and work on my cave system without having to worry about crap and learning other stuff that I would never use anyway.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
It's not a loss because i don't want to spend hours on end on Minecraft , lol.

@miniCyb3r , i don't think anyone will be forced since (if i understand right) there will be both the modded and the regular running simultaneously. I don't think one will affect the other.

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
Look, I know you don't want this but this is one of the few ways to get people to our server and have some change. I know if we don't change antything, the server will have 90% of empty time if not 95 to 98. If you want to play vanilla so bad you can start a single player, It's really not different from our server since no one is online.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Well, 1.8 is going to be adding a buttload of stuff so that makes the interest level go up methinks.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
When 1.8 comes out will i have to get a new launcher and change a bunch of stuff again?

Top Bottom