KrewGaming Software Survey - july 2014

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team

Hello everyone
I made a simple survey to see what operating systems & software people in the Krew are using. It might be missing some software & sections that people are using, but I tried to keep it relatively simple.
Feel free to answer if you want.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sXQNJgS2Yit1bC7TPmWF3wvQlHlVIurIgthUtE4lLgY/viewform?usp=send_form

Results: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sXQNJgS2Yit1bC7TPmWF3wvQlHlVIurIgthUtE4lLgY/viewanalytics?
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zq54l9ZvTCP0r8FTRs4SqsKFq7OFtCbk337XS4motzA/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
- Joonikko

Last edited:

Garycheese

The Bringer Of Cheese
|K3| Member
Filled it in. For the music bit i use youtube mostly but its not an option. So i chose spotify.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Filled it the best that i could. I use Nexus dock and my browser is Comodo Dragon with the backup being Chrome.

I also have Malwarebytes for protection/malware scans etc. And CC cleaner.

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
AntiVirus = none. OS X baby! Windows 7, I use MS Essentials.
OS X has plenty of anti-virus software solutions. I have even made malicious (just an empty file spammer, but Finder was like :gg: let me index EVERYTHING) software for OS X. :ninja: shhhhhh
MS Essentials failed as an anti-virus in lab tests :K

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
Nice idea, Joona :) Filled it in! My backup browser is Internet Explorer lelel. I just always use Firefox, so I don´t need it :D

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
OS X has plenty of anti-virus software solutions. I have even made malicious (just an empty file spammer, but Finder was like :gg: let me index EVERYTHING) software for OS X. :ninja: shhhhhh
MS Essentials failed as an anti-virus in lab tests :K
I don't open any malicious emails/files. I should be safe. :D Only reason I run one on Windows is well.. old habits die hard

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
AntiVirus = none. OS X baby! Windows 7, I use MS Essentials.
Same I've never once installed an anti virus on my Mac and I'm not interested in one either lol I'll stick to OSX over Windows any day. I've never once had OSX freeze, crash, have a virus... The next best thing is a Linux terminal.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
6.7% of operating systems in the world are OSX,
91% are Windows.

THIS is possibly the biggest reason there are more viruses for Windows than there are OSX. There is NO evidence to support the myth that "Mac's can't get viruses".

Just felt like stating that fact :D.

Linux is 1.6%!!! Woo

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
6.7% of operating systems in the world are OSX,
91% are Windows.

THIS is possibly the biggest reason there are more viruses for Windows than there are OSX. There is NO evidence to support the myth that "Mac's can't get viruses".

Just felt like stating that fact :D.

Linux is 1.6%!!! Woo
No one said OSX cannot get a virus lol. Simply pointing out the fact that it's less common to see a Mac users loaded with viruses compared to a Windows user. Anything that runs software is open to an attack/virus.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
No one said OSX cannot get a virus lol. Simply pointing out the fact that it's less common to see a Mac users loaded with viruses compared to a Windows user. Anything that runs software is open to an attack/virus.
I know bud, no-one said it here, I was just having a simple moan because what I said IS the ongoing myth that mac's can't get viruses. I knew a guy who had everything made by Apple, an absolute fanatic, and he swore that they "couldn't" get viruses cus they were too "strong". :D feel free to ignore me

PR3C1Z10N

Sergeant
|K3| Member
I know bud, no-one said it here, I was just having a simple moan because what I said IS the ongoing myth that mac's can't get viruses. I knew a guy who had everything made by Apple, an absolute fanatic, and he swore that they "couldn't" get viruses cus they were too "strong". :D feel free to ignore me
This is the REAL reason that macs are "better"

Top Bottom