My Sub $900 PC Build (Not Complete)

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
nah you didn't make a bad purchase, this is mainly just peoples opinion not what you must buy. I have no clue why people are pushing you to overclock your CPU either, since you're not really a hardcore computer guy. Another thing is when you overclock you would need to run something like Prime95, monitor your CPU temps, check for stability, then adjust all your settings according to your outcome. So if you had no interest in learning on how to OC and potential dangers and how to properly check for stability then yes you made the proper choice. BTW this is a pretty decent build man, if you had extra money the only next best thing you could of done was go intel with faster memory.
I've been told that OC can void warranties and I'd rather be safe than sorry. I do want to learn more about computers, but I don't want to potentially ruin a first build. I'd like to have this as a primary, but then later on experiment with other things.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
nah you didn't make a bad purchase, this is mainly just peoples opinion not what you must buy. I have no clue why people are pushing you to overclock your CPU either, since you're not really a hardcore computer guy. Another thing is when you overclock you would need to run something like Prime95, monitor your CPU temps, check for stability, then adjust all your settings according to your outcome. So if you had no interest in learning on how to OC and potential dangers and how to properly check for stability then yes you made the proper choice. BTW this is a pretty decent build man, if you had extra money the only next best thing you could of done was go intel with faster memory.

not so true

i was giving advice about things parts that could be better as i thought thats why the post had been made. so i gave advice motherboard because the 990fx chipset works better with an 8 core cpu than the 770 does, also said about faster ram for better performance and gave advice on changing to a wd hard drive for the added warranty etc

at no point in there did i say you must follow this advice.[DOUBLEPOST=1405459988][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've been told that OC can void warranties and I'd rather be safe than sorry. I do want to learn more about computers, but I don't want to potentially ruin a first build. I'd like to have this as a primary, but then later on experiment with other things.

buy an intel pentium K series as it cheap as chips and a good to learn with

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
as you probably know I don't understand much to the art (sorry) but I know recognize the work provides. my congratulations
if one day I have to make changes on my pc, I know who to ask :)

Top Bottom