Heads up if your looking to buy a new gpu

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
well just thought i would share this with you so no one goes out and gets one.

there are a number of Graphics cards on sale on ebay, amazon, newegg just to name a few that are FAKE cards.

here is one of the adverts from amazon: - http://www.amazon.co.uk/nVidia-GeFo...qid=1401704367&sr=1-6&keywords=nvidia+770+gtx

also a listing from ebay site: -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171322806554?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

also a screen shot from another website showing a gpu and the box for it

notice the box says nvidia and Radeon. must be a CrossSLI setup lol

but anyways like i said they have been seen in quite a few places for sale like the shops and websites above.

it maybe listed as a nivida GTX650 Ti or GTX780 etc but in fact the card is an old ATI Radeon card with a bios flashed as another card.

some of the give aways are: -

GDDR3: - no graphics card of this age ships with GDDR3 memory - its all GDDR5 now
6 pin power - 6 pin to power a 780 etc is just not going to happen
D-SUB or VGA socket - when was the last time you saw a new graphics card with a VGA output on it lol
OEM - makes it sound like its come straight from Nivida or is an early release card for testers, early release cards and equipment are sent out to people to be tested/reviewed before public release and not allowed to be sold on or given away, other wise that person could end up losing the privilege of being able to test items early and other times they have to be returned to the manufacture due to them being needed for someone else to test. id not buy anything that was said to be something like this

i would suggest that if your looking on ebay or some other site for a new graphics card and you find a good deal then check the specs of the same type of card on a few other sites just to be sure before you buy something

also on another note the graphics cards do show up in CPU-Z and other programs of this type as the card they are sold as due to the card having its bios flashed

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Thanks for the heads up Pug. Glad i tend to use ebuyer or scan for my components.

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I'd be hesitant on buying any used tech, sometimes you might get a good deal etc., but I don't think it's worth the risk and I much prefer buying everything new (warranty, customer service from the store etc.)

Top Bottom