ctivity Question

WorldPeace

Corporal
|K3| Member
Hello Everyone,

So lately, I was getting tired of people calling each other "Faggots", "Gay "or outright telling people to "Fuck Off", and "Fuck You" on A1. So when I see it, I tell people to "Relax" and don't argue. I only tell people to relax when the context of the words are used in negative terms. Once I tell them to relax and they continue, I will tell them that it is their last warning or otherwise they will be kicked. Obviously, if it gets to that point, I come to the shoutbox and notify a admin on duty.

So, the dilemma for me here is that I know I am not a moderator nor do I have the power to kick people off of the server, and I really don't want to. If I give my request to relax and tell people they are being warned (when the infraction is committed again), am I over stepping my bounds as a K3 member playing on A1?

I know a few of the moderators play with pseudo names because they want to remain incognito. I am not trying to challenge the moderators at all or indirectly telling them they are not doing their job correctly. In fact, all the moderators are great and I always appreciate their help.

So, given what is said above, am I overstepping my bounds? Should I stop doing what I am doing? I felt when I play on A1 with my K3 tag, and remain silent when disrespect is observed, it conveys the notion that K3 do not care and wont regulate when necessary. What do you all think?

Please advise.

Thanks!

~WP[DOUBLEPOST=1403881419][/DOUBLEPOST]Ignore the subject line...its suppose to read "Activity Question", but my fat finger hit the "Enter" button on accident.

SiloHunter

Condescending little prick
|K3| Moderator
While verbal abuse is prohibited in the server and forum rules, it is a tricky subject. What crosses the line as being too far? Each member really has their own idea of what verbal abuse is. And each mod has their own idea of what a kickable offense is. A stand out feature of K3 is that we are very open to everyone, but hackers and total assholes with no restraint. You can come on our server and say, "fuck you" and you aren't going to get kicked, but you can also come on and just troll around. Each mod reacts differently to different levels of the public. I figure that most of the time players will work it out between each other. If things are getting pretty heated I will call them out, tell 'em to settle down. If it doesn't work, I try to get the instigator first and if the other is still talking shit, get him too. It is really a judgement call, it is the internet and foul language should be expected.

If you are a member, and you think someone is taking it too far, just ask politely for them to settle down, it's just a game. If they continue to be trouble, don't say anything else and avoid getting them more worked up, just step out and get a mod. There is not much else you can do.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
In addition to what Silo said, it is a tricky situation. The problem with communicating over text like on the Internet is that the emotions behind it can't be read. So, for example, if you suddenly join A1 in the middle of two friends calling each other "fags" for a joke, you might interpret it the wrong way and warn them wrongly.

I know i'm only a newbie-mod still but I'd like to add that there are some things i'll let slip. I think light name-calling and cursing is all part of the competitive environment and shouldn't be warned for. On the other hand I am well aware that bullying and personal insults are not allowed.

I say go for it mate. Keep doing what you're doing. Except one thing, you cannot tell a player they will definitely be kicked as that is our decision (you can say they "might" be though). Long as you aren't spamming shoutbox everytime someone says a swear :naughty:. Once you've posted it, as mods we can then choose what to do about it.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
What Storky said. Personally, I hate the use of the word "Faggots" and if someone continues to call that someone else for no reason, I warn them and If he/she doesn´t stop, I kick them. The use of "Fuck you" etc. depends on the situation.

I´d also say: continue with what you are doing, I don´t have a problem with it and you always report on shout to the mods, so it should be fine.

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
thank you for this thread because I often find myself in this position; My attitude is that the:
I just repeat the rules of KREW
if players exaggerate warning the mod's in the shoutbox
I take this opportunity to ask why the warnings that appear in court game is gone?
I think it was very disuasif
in any case thank you worldpeace to have evoke this problem

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
If people get out of hand then sure, go ahead and try to calm them down. But if they're just playing around it's fine.

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
To me saying that you have the ability to do something that you in reality do not makes you look foolish. I would recommend letting them know that we do have a respect other players rule and stop their verbal abuse. Besides that just report in chat or use !Admins to see if there is a mod online, but just as a Krew member I would not say that you will kick them when you cannot.

WorldPeace

Corporal
|K3| Member
Thanks to all who have responded. All of your point of views makes sense and I think as all of you have mostly suggested, just jump in when it gets too heated.

Thanks all!

Top Bottom