Lag on servers

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
I (and others) noticed that the servers are and have been very laggy for the past few weeks. Sometimes it´s almost unplayable because the lag peaks are going incredibly high and make me teleport lol.
I just wanted to ask, what the reasons could be, maybe it´s just me idk :)

Dunial

Metal Master
|K3| Member
It's not just you. Yesterday I had such a huge lag, I had to leave. And my connection was okay, I was able to play on other servers with my normal ping.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
Sometimes (frequently in the last few weeks) my ping goes from average 92 to 175.

Whenever I sprint it stops me half a second after i press the sprint button, so it's impossible for me to sprint.

I got 60MB broadband + no other cod 4 servers are affected... it must be the krew server.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
I'll restart the servers sometime when they're my populated and that will hopefully fix it.

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
I think there's something wrong with minecraft aswell, kreubs upped the rendering distance a few days ago but now it seems to be at a minimum.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
Whenever I sprint it stops me half a second after i press the sprint button, so it's impossible for me to sprint.

I got 60MB broadband + no other cod 4 servers are affected... it must be the krew server.
Welcome to my feels when playing on EU XD gotta hold shift to sprint

WorldPeace

Corporal
|K3| Member
I get the lag too. My ping averages around 60-70 and I see that frame skipping thing. There are times where the lag occurs and then I lose all control of my COD guy. Couple times I had to ask someone to kill me so my character wont just keep on staring at the wall.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
A couple days ago there was a DDoS attack, not against us but the machine we're under. However, it doesn't explain if there is constant lag on the server.

I haven't restarted a1 and rotated the logs in a few days, nor has the machine itself has been rebooted (Windows :p) in a few weeks. We'll try that and see if it helps.

On a sidenote, I'm sure some of you know what your consistent ping is and probably know other people's pings as well. What I would suggest you look at when you feel there are lag spikes, if you can quickly take a look at everyones pings. If say someone like Gage is around with his 15 ping, and you start noticing your ping go up, is his going up as well? If no, then it's just your connection. But if his and everyone elses pings are funky, then it's something on the machines side.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
On a sidenote, I'm sure some of you know what your consistent ping is and probably know other people's pings as well. What I would suggest you look at when you feel there are lag spikes, if you can quickly take a look at everyones pings. If say someone like Gage is around with his 15 ping, and you start noticing your ping go up, is his going up as well? If no, then it's just your connection. But if his and everyone elses pings are funky, then it's something on the machines side.
This, but also be sure to watch them all for around 5 or 6 seconds since sometimes other peoples wont change for a few seconds.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
When it happened to me the other, about 80% of the pings were within 2-3 of each other. Silly Windows :K

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
How was the server the past 20 hours or so?
I was on A1 yesterday and didn't have a problem. There were a couple of people complaining about lag, but not excessively, and i figure someone will always complain about lag the way someone will always complain about marty/spawnkilling.

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
I was on for an hour or so last night - seemed fine - my usual shitty ping of bout 120 - 140 lol -

How do you improve your fps with regard to game settings? I know it can be improved but no idea how!

Sry, prob the wrong place to ask!

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
You type /com_maxfps 150 or 250 (depends on what you want, I have 250) in console :) If you want your fps displayed in the game, you type /cg_drawfps 1 in your console, if I remember that right. If you want to deactivate it again, just type 0 instead of 1.

Top Bottom