Suggestions for New Peripherals?

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
Howdy everyone!

My current mouse (Logitech G500) is almost in unusable condition. It works semi-smoothly, but will randomly disconnect from my computer when I'm doing anything. It will reconnect on its own, but it's still quite annoying to have the mouse lose connection, especially when gaming.

Also, I'm using a solar powered, wireless Logitech keyboard right now. It's in good working condition, but I want to keep that one for my laptop. When I'm building my new rig later this summer, I'd rather have a wired keyboard. I would also like to have my new keyboard be mechanical if at all possible.

Budget: Less than $150 USD total.

I'm really at a loss as there's so many combinations out there.

Last edited:

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Some recommendations:
Mice:
  • Logitech G400s
  • Logitech G502
  • Corsair M45
  • CM Storm Alcor
  • CM Storm Spawn
  • Zowie FK

Keyboards
  • CM Storm Quickfire TK
  • CM Storm Quickfire Rapid
  • CM Storm Quickfire Rapid i
  • CM Storm Quickfire Stealth
  • Rosewill RK-9000
  • Ducky Zero DK2087
  • Ducky Zero DK2108
  • Ducky DK9008 G2
Other

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
if your going to be buying a good laser gaming mouse you may also want to think about buying a good mouse mat/pad like the Razer Goliathus control edition as laser mice dont always track to well on a plain black mouse mat/pad

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
Drew,
A lot what you should think about in a mouse is how you like to position your hands. For me i like my R.A.T. 5 because it has a thumb rest on the side and it is nice for people who claw grip their mice compared to people who lay their fingers down on the buttons. With the keyboard it is usually based on what type of games you like to play. The type of switches a keyboard could also sway what you buy, but don't feel that you need a mechanical gaming keyboard. I do enjoy my Razer Deathstalker quite a lot, i would recommend it for sure. I can always hop on team speak and discuss this stuff with you bud :)
FXXhjBj.jpg

yfxzTqW.jpg

Eztazy

Private First Class
Former Krew Member
once you've tried a mechanical keyboard everything else is crap :D so .. its a must, for me atleast!:p
you should check out qpad mk50 and the ducky keyboards! theyr amazing!

Last edited:

PR3C1Z10N

Sergeant
|K3| Member
I own a steel series Rival mouse. It has a pretty good longevity also (30 Million clicks). I haven't had much experience with gaming devices though, so don't actually take my advice seriously. :D

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
I've been looking at reviews from a few of the mice listed. I really liked the R. A. T. 5, Logitech G502, and the Zowie FK. The Steelseries Rival wasn't bad, but I liked the others better. Really, I liked the R. A. T. 5 the most, but I'm not sure where exactly I want to go.

On the topic of keyboards, I'd really like it mechanical. The Deathstalker looks really nice, but I'm so set on getting a mechanical keyboard that I can't bring myself to buy it. I like all the CM Storm Quickfire models, it's just a choice of switches. The Ducky keyboards I was finding on Amazon look really nice and have good reviews, but they're a little out of my price range. I would like to have a full keyboard, but if it escalates the price range a lot, I won't mind having Tenkeyless.

Really, I'm looking at the R. A. T. 5 or Logitech G502 and then a CM Storm Quickfire. It will all come down to the price on mouse and the switches/price on the keyboard.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
if the R.A.T 5 is anything like the R.A.T 7 i have you will need a good mouse mat other wise you will end up with it tracking really bad. i had this issue when i first got mine, i thought it was an issue with the mouse itself but i tried it on a bit of coloured vinyl and tracked spot on so i had to replace my steelseries mouse mat with a better one.

i have been looking at the corsair series of mechanical keyboards myself but i was planning on using the brown switches but i also do a fair amount of typing.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
SteelSeries Apex if you're into Non-mechanical. I like it. SteelSeries QcK is a reasonably sized, smooth, affordable mousepad. I need to get rid of my Razer Naga though.[DOUBLEPOST=1402515548][/DOUBLEPOST]
looks good man but id miss the num pad
I have used the numpad a total of 3 times during my 12 years infront of the computer.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Nice!
Anything that isn't a Logitech mouse, I approve![DOUBLEPOST=1402533497][/DOUBLEPOST]
I own a steel series Rival mouse. It has a pretty good longevity also (30 Million clicks). I haven't had much experience with gaming devices though, so don't actually take my advice seriously. :D
Clicked my Naga at least 60 million times.
The left mouse button gets stuck sometimes and it's pretty loose.

Top Bottom