Steam's MW2 for Mac no good

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Hey y'all. So steam recently put up both MW2 and MW3 for Macs to download! MW2 being my favorite cod, (sorry cod4, your the second best) I immediately payed the 20 dollar fee and eagerly awaited my download. However, as soon as i started playing, problems started setting in.

Apparently (and this is confirmed after some googling) MW2 has no console command access. Which means no fine tuning the graphics for your lowly gaming Mac (like mine). Plus no way to easily display the fps :( . This is a major deal breaker and I just wanted to let anyone else with a Mac who was considering snatching this one up to be warned.

Also the menu takes a good minute or two to actually start working and registering your mouse after it launches :/ .

Idk about MW3 for Mac, but y'all should steer clear of MW2, it'll cheat you out of 20 bucks :(

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
You wouldn't have liked the game anyway...
MW2 was one of my favorite games on PS3 until it got ran over by hackers. It's my personal favorite call of duty. I was so sad to see the Mac version so pathetically ported :'(

SiloHunter

Condescending little prick
|K3| Moderator
The PC version doesn't have console either... It wasn't a shitty port to Mac, it was a shitty port to all PC's from console, not a port from Windows to Mac.
I used to play it on a really shitty HP laptop. Like you said, the main menu takes awhile to come up. But with the settings in the graphics section on low it runs perfectly fine. Any 3rd party program such as Fraps can display FPS.
I would have said don't buy it, no matter what platform you are on. No one plays anymore. I used to play constantly, but it just died out.

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
buyers-remorse-37675.jpg

minus the boat

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
You should be able to fine tweak the graphics if you edit the cfg and make it read-only. I managed to with MW3, but it still looked like :poop: :K

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
The PC version is actually also 100% over ran with hackers. So if that was what made you stop playing it on PS3 you'd be out of luck anyway.

But as others said, everything has to be done through cfg tweaking.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
That's what I meant to say. I personally enjoyed the co-op campaigns. Had tons of fun with @Pugsport He'd be all bad ass when we did the missions :K

ahh hell yer they were the days/nights lol.

maybe we should do it again just for the hell of it some time

Top Bottom