error

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
getting this message::

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
I've been getting that too. I would say one in maybe 7 links. Trying again works well enough but it's caused me to lose some of my stuff.

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
This has happened to me about 15 times in the last five minutes. I'm starting to get REALLY annoyed.

Plus I have to copy all of my posts just in case the error comes up and I lose them.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I can't fix that. It just happens whenever the heck it feels like it. So far, I don't think it's any of the modifications that I've added but it may be the shoutbox. Though, we can't solely blame it on this shoutbox since I know I got this error as well a few times in our previous shoutbox a few days ago.

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
Something had to have happened when you guys were tinkering around last night. This is starting to really piss me and some other guys off. I'm not blaming anyone personally and I'm not mad at them, just the forum. It's the forum's fault. :p

Whoops nearly forgot to copy my text so I don't have to write it again. ::)

Hehe I'm glad I did.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Yeah, it's been happening a lot lately for me today, ever since I opened this thread. :p

Hopefully it' goes away by days' end.

PwnSauce

Banned
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Me too. I just refresh the page and it goes through. (usually)

AVC

Banned
It's giving me the shits too

Maybe a problem with the data centre bandwidth? Who is our host?
Our (business) website used to have a provider that guaranteed 99% uptime. Sounds good, but it means your site can be down for over 3 days a year.
And we used to exceed our bandwidth a lot.
Our new provider guarantees 99.99% but realistically it's 99.997. The same as our uptime at work.

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
i got that error message too since we have get back to the old shout...generally a refresh is enough but sometimes not.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Alright everyone, I optimized the forum database. Please report any errors here again. Thanks.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
This is what I got from Tech Support so far:

Sean: [9:45:00 PM] I'm not seeing any problems off the bat that would cause this. And you're saying this is an intermittent error? It could be caused by too many running MySQL connections, which would happen as a result of getting a lot of traffic or busy spurts on your forum.

I got transferred to database support. Cross your fingers folks.

Top Bottom